Thread: American Muscle In An Import?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87'/Honda/Accord LX-i

American Muscle In An Import?

I was thinking. i had a fiero and there was a v8 kit for it. the engine space in a fiero is smaller then that of a honda accord. if i changed the engine and tranny mounts and put that kit in there.. would it work? im thinking it would. "350 chevy small block" for $1500usd it would be nice i think. you can get lots of horses out of those u know.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    a LOT of work would go into doing that. You'd have to cut out your firewall and floor to handle the tranny,driveline and rear axle. LOTS OF WORK. But fun if anybody acutally did it.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    I think I have heard about fero's with V8's. I hhave no idea how it happens but.. yeah.
    sorry guys v8's rule

Vehicle
    87 LX

you are on crack

I know a guy who is putting a 4.3 into his Fiero
    www.v8archie.com is the site with the swap
    It is pricey but should be sufficient.
    But a 350 in a Honda? I say good luck fitting it and having a custom hood made.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    baahh, who need a hood when you have a V8 in the engine bay? :super:

can you imagine a supercharger on top of it? whew. I can wait for the day i see a 3G popping wheelies........
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    it won't do wheelies dipshit, it's fwd. unless you're retarded and decide to cut the floor out of it :P i have seen a pic of a 3g bay w/ a chevy small block in it though. could have been photochopped but i can usually spot those a mile away.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Well anything is possible, but somes things are HIGHY unlikely.
    Goldy I love that animation you got. It fuckin SWEET.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    how the FUCK are you going to make a 350 be fwd?? there would be barely enough room to fit the motor, as well as a fwd tranny. who the fuck makes a fwd trans for a V8?? Answer me that bitch.....
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    a more common swap for fieros is an L67 aka 3.8L series II supercharged. 245hp/280ft-lbs (stock engine). and ....it comes from FWD cars!!

www.fierox.com has a 10second fiero running this engine.

www.L67.com is dedicated to swaping these engines. Although pretty much exclusively in GM's...duh

this picture shows custom headers on the L67 in the fiero
    Last edited by pimp86LX; 07-25-2003 at 03:37 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87'/Honda/Accord LX-i
    "how the FUCK are you going to make a 350 be fwd?? there would be barely enough room to fit the motor, as well as a fwd tranny. who the fuck makes a fwd trans for a V8?? Answer me that bitch....." first off fieros are RWD Rear engine cars.. so y couldnt you fit it into the front of a honda ? answer me that. second the kit IS for a fiero. i will try to put a link to a pic of that "350 chevy small block" siting in a fiero which has ALOT less engine room than most hondas. here is a link.

http://www.v8archie.com/v8pics.htm
    look first then you can bitch at me.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87'/Honda/Accord LX-i
    then engine sits sideways. and the tranny there for is also sideways compaired to the car. I dont know to much about cars but since i know alot about the way my fiero worked i know how that engine would work in a FWD car.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    we were talking about putting a small block in a honda, but i guess its possible since rear engine RWD is similar to FWD. It sure would be hard as hell and a giant fat headache, but with money, time and patience anything's possible really when it comes to swapping motors around.

i've never seen or heard of a fwd v8 so thats why i said that.

i stand corrected.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    dude.....a caddy. 32v northstar v8

SHWING

Last edited by pimp86LX; 07-25-2003 at 03:46 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX sedan
    And the Olds Aurora had a 4.o liter V-8 and FWD, along with the Toranado (I think thats how its spelt) which had a 455 if I remember correctly.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    Originally posted by hondacowboy003
    And the Olds Aurora had a 4.o liter V-8 and FWD, along with the Toranado (I think thats how its spelt) which had a 455 if I remember correctly.
    the olds tornado is a beauty of a car.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    hmm how about doing something like the old direct connection RWD conversion and v8 engine kits for the dodge daytona. a hemi in a 1987 dodge daytona sounds like a recipe for a shit load of fun. at one point i actually started toying with the idea of shoving a v8 in a 3g. i might do it if i can find a car thats so fucked up i wouldnt feel guilty cutting the floorboards out of it to start on it. but yeah it could be done. it would requires some pretty slick engineering for sure. a custom intake manifold nad headers plus all the ancilary stuff to get it under the hood line. it would have to be set back into the firewall. you loose a small chunk of foot room. then the trans tunnel would have to be seriously enlarged. and you could handg a corvette IRS out back with narrowed axles. then the front suspension will need serious beefing however to handle the extra wieght. but its doable to say the least. but the vehicle frams would need massive re enforcmenet along with some very serious front end work. i would do a complete tube chassis on something like the idea of shoving any v8 in a honda and retin around it.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Coupe LXi
    Hey anything is possible. Just the other day I saw a old vw beetle forgot the year but I think it was a super with a 350 in the front...all custom frame work with custom headers was actually kind of cool and the exhaust pipe running along the side of the car ending right before rear tires. In the back compartment there was just a good size radiator with a fan lol.
    --------
    (Stock)

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    nx: spoken like someone who doesn't know much about the universality of chevy trannies. you can actually use the stock getrag or muncie fiero trannies with a heavy duty clutch in the v8 conversion. the fieros have the same tranny as the majority of fwd gm cars from the late 80's / early 90's (ie beretta, cav, grand prix/am, lumina, riviera, bonneville). i'm actually going to use a fiero tranny and grand prix axles when i convert my lumina to 5-spd. its fuckin AMAZING how many gm drivetrain things are interchangeable. it's about like B series VTEC parts in the import world.

goldy: who is the chick in your sig anim? stacey orrico? looks a lot like her if it's not.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

LX User
    Vehicle
    that chick is that french pop singer named Alizee she is so damn hot but I would say she sells more on the sex appeal then music. If you check out some of her pictures from concerts she always wears mini skirts and bends over showing of her panties...
    --------
    (Stock)

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    t.a.tu. <--russian lesbian singers

Vehicle
    You mean she sings? I was sold on her and all I knew about was the ass shake gif.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch

gulp.

more pics of her beautifulness can be foundhere
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    Ok in those pics she looks less like Stacey.. still hot as all hell though. Link = much appreciated
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

SEi User
    back on topic....i seen a 4g accord on ebay awhile back with a v8 in it and rwd...wish i saved pics.