Thread: Best spring strut combo when you want bounce

LX User
    Vehicle
    my tight ass 88 carbed lx accord!!! and a 95 teg

Best spring strut combo

i was wondering what is the best spring strut combo i have bee told tokico and sprint, but some say the sprint springs are too soft and i want my car to be kinda bouncy but i want a low drop i know some of you guys have seen some of the newer accords kinda bounce when they ride i like that look and wanted to know which spring and strut combo would allow this look.
    flipping off cops isnt a good thing?

mods:
    Custom red and black interior by krylon, 95 gsr rims wrapped in yokohamas, apex n1 exhaust, carbon fiber hood, custom candy apple red tails, clear front turn signals, razo foot pedals, el gauges from pro car parts, carbon fiber gauge bezel, sparco color 2 steering wheel, limited editon sparco torino racing seat with 4 point clubman seatbelt, 7 inch in dash flip out screen dvd player, custom mounted kenwood flip out cd player mounted in casette holder, sei console, 2 7in. montiors to be mounted in headrest of sparcos, blue neon tubes, h4 headlight conversion with blue city lights,ngk plugs and wires

future mod. weber 32/36 with weber intake shaved handles and trunk

I have eibachs prokit with tokicos. The board frowns on this setup but I ma very happy with it. I ve been in a car with sprints and KYB's (actually Im buying it) but it need different struts. Im hoping for the Konis but well see. Ive heard the Ground controls and Tokicos are kinda harsh. Id wait for Jim to answer first though. Hes the suspension GOD around these parts.

If it were me, id start with a ride height (see sticky link at top of suspnsion forum) aand go form there.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Re: Best spring strut combo

Originally posted by tightwhitelx
    i was wondering what is the best spring strut combo i have bee told tokico and sprint, but some say the sprint springs are too soft and i want my car to be kinda bouncy but i want a low drop i know some of you guys have seen some of the newer accords kinda bounce when they ride i like that look and wanted to know which spring and strut combo would allow this look.
    whhhhhhhhhatttt you WANT the car to bounce,.............whoa,.................ok. Well that won't be to hard, jeez I can even tell you from good, better and best for a bouncing setup. Who told you the springs were soft? Their spring rates tell a different story front350 to 425. rear225 to 300 compair that to stock front 211 rear 117. Their not soft at all, yes their progressive, but their not soft.

Sprints on tokico's will bounce
    Springs on GR-2's or stock struts will bounce more (but you'll be stressing the GR-2's more since thier oem valved and the likely wear quickly for that.

If you want allot of bounce
    Ground-Control's and tokico's
    DropZone's and tokico's will bounce more.

You like how a car LOOKS bouncing down the road, kinda weird, I spend most all my time advising how that's a very bad thing, I can't stand the, bump then bounce, bump-bounce, bump-bounce, and you want that, yikes. I feel sorry for a lowered car's owner when I know it has bounce

LX User
    Vehicle
    my tight ass 88 carbed lx accord!!! and a 95 teg
    think i will just go with sprint and tokicos any ideas where to get then brand new for cheap
    flipping off cops isnt a good thing?

mods:
    Custom red and black interior by krylon, 95 gsr rims wrapped in yokohamas, apex n1 exhaust, carbon fiber hood, custom candy apple red tails, clear front turn signals, razo foot pedals, el gauges from pro car parts, carbon fiber gauge bezel, sparco color 2 steering wheel, limited editon sparco torino racing seat with 4 point clubman seatbelt, 7 inch in dash flip out screen dvd player, custom mounted kenwood flip out cd player mounted in casette holder, sei console, 2 7in. montiors to be mounted in headrest of sparcos, blue neon tubes, h4 headlight conversion with blue city lights,ngk plugs and wires

future mod. weber 32/36 with weber intake shaved handles and trunk

Vehicle
    Ford work Van
    noooo no non o no no..

JIm, what HE needs are some GC's rated at 800/750 with blown stockies

He'll get the ride of his life.
    sorry guys v8's rule

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Originally posted by tightwhitelx
    think i will just go with sprint and tokicos any ideas where to get then brand new for cheap
    http://www.doctorimport.com/sprint_springs.html
    $123.24 for the sprints

www.shox.com and fill out a online form to have a price sheet emiled to you. Last time I checked the price was $235 for a set of tokico's. If the price has changed, please let me know what it is now.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d