Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone interested in buying a GREDDY GRACER LIP for 88-89 accord

anyone interested in buying a GREDDY GRACER LIP for 88-89 accord

a friend and i will be finally getting a cast mold of a greddy gracer lip done for the 88-89 accord models. it will not fit 86-87 due to the difference in bumper designs. 86-87 accord owners can try it on.. but i cannot gaurantee it to fit right. and if it fits right.. ill be greatful.

so wat i need to know is,.. how many of u will be interested. when the lip is done.. it'll cost 200 dollars shipped. it'll be made out of fiberglass. ive had the lip on my car before.. taken it off due to it being broken all the time.. and i was the first to ever do that lip on an 89accord. for pics.. please click on the link below. thanks to mike at www.89accord.com for hosting the pic. for additional pics.. email me and ill send u a different pic.

http://89accord.com/jons3rdgen.htm

jon
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    You have that stock 94 Accord lip on now, don't you. How does that fit? And how hard would it be to fit that lip to the 86-87 style bumpers?

Alex

not very hard.. a heat gun is needed though and two ppl is required...
    benson\'s 2.0 resleeved GSR block, PnP b16 head/multi angle valve job, ctr cams, hondata i/m gasket, str 68mm t/b, skunk springs/retainers, hondata s200b p30 ecu, LSD cable tranny, full race stage3 GT turbo kit (GT35R) custom 3 inch exhaust
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    why not just put an 88-89 bumper on an 86-87? Thats a hella nice lip....wish i had 200 for it. That seems kinda steep for just a lip......or am i just a tight wad?
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

actually.. if u were to buy an original greddy peice.. it's 200 bucks without shipping.. and when u recieve it. it's a bitch to put on. that's y no one else has done it.... except ofcourse for one other 89 accord i jus happen to saw an i was like.... WTF! but oh well. plus it's custom.. and shipped!
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    i can get it through my wholesaler for 150 my price........
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

that's a great deal.. now ur only set back is..... good luck trying to put it on
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    how hard can it be? whats the reason it wont fit? Is it contoured too much?
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

the original greddy gracer lip for a 94-97 accord is polyurethane.. but it's a different kind. forgot wat it's called.. but it's not ur flexible urethane that u see from wings west. this is thick.. and it's not very easy to flex. not only that, it's longer.

if u dont believe me.. try it. if u screw it up.. ur shit out of 150 dollars. which couldve been spent elsewhere. y do u think no one has it on their car??

jon
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    Originally posted by wickedaccord
    the original greddy gracer lip for a 94-97 accord is polyurethane.. but it's a different kind. forgot wat it's called.. but it's not ur flexible urethane that u see from wings west. this is thick.. and it's not very easy to flex. not only that, it's longer.

if u dont believe me.. try it. if u screw it up.. ur shit out of 150 dollars. which couldve been spent elsewhere. y do u think no one has it on their car??

jon
    Hey jon.. check ur pm !thanks
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    i was just wondering why it was hard to put it on.

Is it because the 5g bumper is rounded and the 3g is curved?
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

dont get me wrong.. im tryin to be like pissy an shit. it's jus.. i'd rather help ya out than trying something like this that i know can screw up ur pocket book.

anyhow.. the lip is longer and more rounded, that is the hardest part when trying to bend something that doesnt want to bend. and when heat treading.. it melts away instead of bending
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    Black 1989 LX-I Coupe and 2000 EX V6 coupe
    whats this thing look like? hehe
    Check my cardomain for sale items! Cardomain

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 LX 5 Speed Sedan
    man i want one, too bad there's no way in hell i'd have the money
    "Welcome to Shady Acres, where our motto is, Watch you freakin back!"

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I know a 3g with that lip... he's had it for a few years now.
    - llia

there's a link i had up at the top.. click it. ive had that lip back in 97.. then the first to ever see it was MIKE at 89accord.com since then ive had a hundred emails about it but no one wants to do it cuz it's hard... and expensive. but now is a good opportunity for this. an like i said.. the only other car ive seen with it was that white one with 97 prelude headlights. im sure he's one of the guys who emailed me for details.

right now im jus wondering if there r ppl that will be interested. if not, im not even going to bother making a mass production of it. ill jus make a dozen that's it. one for myself.. and the other 11 for those that i know will really want it.

jon
    www.full-race.com

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '88 Accord Lx-i
    I'm interested, but how does it attach to the bumper??? Does it bolt or screw on, or does it hook up to the area under the bumper???
    - 01 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Flip down LCD screen and DVD player, 8000k HID's, Westin light bar w/ PIAA 520's, Custom Flowmaster cat-back.

it bolts up underneath the bumper. all u have to do is bolt it up. simple as that... gee so far not a lot is very interested??....

jon
    www.full-race.com

LX User
    i am interested however i am on classes now and will not be back for another month, i will let you know tho. thanks
    Aka mugenaccord from the ole ole ole board
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold
    Grey ED6 -- current project

Vehicle
    1989 SE-I
    I might be Interested if this is still going on.
    3geez member since October 2000
    [email protected]

1991 Accord Wagon 5spd - JDM Ste-lo

well seems like not a lot is very interested so i may not even make a production of it. not only that, not a lot want to spend 250 shipped
    www.full-race.com

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    IMO its too round for the car's lines...

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    1985 Toyota Celica GT, 86 accord lx-i, 89 supra turbo
    that lip looks tight! that had to be pretty hard to mold because of the boxy(no offense) style compared to the newer accord's more round style.
    1985 toyota celica 3sgte project
    1989 toyota supra turbo
    1986 honda accord 4dr lx-i

Vehicle
    1988 / Honda / Accord / LX-R
    These Lips are made for 88-89 Accords, unlike the one Wicked Has that was custom fiited to the car.. So the lips will line up!
    -=PROJECT-=-

NOTE: Project-R Swap parts provided by Racing Impulse. Swap was Performed by RacingImpulse & Next Wave Auto Performance.

B-Series Wants You

Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
    IMO its too round for the car's lines...

Travis
    dude, if u think it's too rounded.. have u seen wat some of the guys has done with 4th gen kits?? u tell me the difference there...

no offense to the guys with kits... heh heh. props for even tryin though

Jon
    www.full-race.com