Thread: Bolt and TunerLug

LX User
    Vehicle
    86'Honda Accord Lx-i

Bolt and TunerLug

A'ight, My tuner lugnut has been crossthreaded so badly onto the bolt on the hub that i had to break off the stud(bolt) to get my rim off. It's my front passenger side Bolt that i had to break off to get the rim off. Could somebody PLEASE PLEASE give me very detailed good instructions on how to get the bad bolt out and replace it with a new one. Will Advance Auto or O'reilly's have one in stock? Thanks alot guys.

Chris
    *1986 Honda Accord Lx-i* 5-spd.
    17" Konig Maxxum Cam 178's wrapped in 205/40/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supras, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico struts, 92-95 civic custom short ram air intake, Magnaflow streetseries exhaust, 20% tint all around, Red/Black taillights, painted calipers and drums, hyperwhite corner bulbs, blue interior lights, Racing pedals, Carbon fiber shift knob

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    Unbolt the brake caliper from the bracket, remove the pads, then remove the bracket, and then remove the disc/rotor. Take a hammer and tap out the bad stud out of the hub and tap in the new one. Any auto store should have the stud.
    www.b20accord.com

LX User
    Vehicle
    86'Honda Accord Lx-i
    Thanks alot man. Does the rotor just slide off?? I guess so, or are there bolts holding it in place.
    Thanks

Chris
    *1986 Honda Accord Lx-i* 5-spd.
    17" Konig Maxxum Cam 178's wrapped in 205/40/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supras, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico struts, 92-95 civic custom short ram air intake, Magnaflow streetseries exhaust, 20% tint all around, Red/Black taillights, painted calipers and drums, hyperwhite corner bulbs, blue interior lights, Racing pedals, Carbon fiber shift knob

Vehicle
    see user name
    Originally posted by Chris86Lxi
    Thanks alot man. Does the rotor just slide off?? I guess so, or are there bolts holding it in place.
    Thanks

Chris
    If anything, there will be one screw holding it on from the front. When I did my brakes the first time, there was a screw on it. But somehow it must have fallen off since because they are no longer there.

If the rotor doesn't just slide off, you will have to get some 8mm fine threaded bolts. Screw them into the holes in the rotor to push it off he hub. Make sure to screw them in evenly to avoid warping the rotor.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Peace out. :super:
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.