Thread: Ect sensor locate

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord sei

Ect sensor locate

no one in this area has eva heard of such a sensor. but my shit shuts off just like everyone says no honda garage in the area or nothin no one has heard of it so if someone can show me a pic or describe where it is i can go to junk yard and gank 1 so i can shut my car off without worryin boubt it not startin back up.
    this area sucks all mechanics blow nuts and overcharge and everyone is stupid HELP

1988starter
    I believe it is connected to the thermostat housing behind the distributer.

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    there are 2 switches on the thermostat housing on my LX-i ( I just changed the housing ) other than your temp sending unit. I had to replace both switches because a machine shop screwed my housing up takin a bolt out and they were closed for the weekend and still had my housing. According the Honda dealer in Atlanta the one closest to the head ( a black one on mine)is what they call a TW Switch (water temp, why they call it TW is beyond me) The next switch out going away from the head Mine was green, the new one I got was blue?)is what they (they=parts counter and book) calleda Thermo switch which is what I had read somewhere was also called an ECT Switch.
    Last edited by Vinny; 08-13-2003 at 12:37 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    accord exi '88, A20A4
    Originally posted by My Cousin Vinny
    there are 2 switches on the thermostat housing on my LX-i ( I just changed the housing ) other than your temp sending unit. I had to replace both switches because a machine shop screwed my housing up takin a bolt out and they were closed for the weekend and still had my housing. According the Honda dealer in Atlanta the one closest to the head ( a black one on mine)is what they call a TW Switch (water temp, why they call it TW is beyond me) The next switch out going away from the head Mine was green, the new one I got was blue?)is what they (they=parts counter and book) calleda Thermo switch which is what I had read somewhere was also called an ECT Switch.
    now i'm confused
    according to "anchovies", the ect sensor is the one closest to the head.
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18020
    peace!

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    Originally posted by rdn
    now i'm confused
    according to "anchovies", the ect sensor is the one closest to the head.
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18020
    Ok he's definitely right by what i am reading, the tech sites got it wrong the TW switch is also known as an ECT