Thread: Another Accord owner here...

DX User
    Vehicle
    Accord 87 S

Another Accord owner here...

What can i say about myself? Hum... I've been driving for about 10 years now, but it's been only 3 years now since i owned my first car, a Civic DX 3 doors 87... 2 years later i got bumped while leaving my job, the car was nearly totaled, but suprisingly was still working with very little effort to fix it. I liked that car alot, but i felt it was time to sell it as i could not stomac fixing it back up another time. So i found an Accord 87 S, another carburated car with suprisingly good handling (but very bad shape, rusted and dented). It took me time to get used to it, it's bigger and less nimble than the previous car, and wasn't as fun to drive at first... Now i like that car a lot, and do almost as crasy things with it as my previous car (that Civic was hard to beat as an oversteering monster, i had set it up so well for that). It's so fun cruising at 150 km/h while the engine is barely revving, it cost so little fuel for the speed i drive it... But recently i added another car to my line up, a Corolla GTS as a second car (i still keep the Accord). I wanted to learn the great things about FR cars and drifting, yet fixing that tin can will take a while...

Now i enjoy two cars, one for it's handling, the other for it's tail swinging. Yet i'm more a FF driver than an FR one, i still drive my Accord much faster and more confidently, and manage quite a few stunts with it, unlike my FR in wich i'm still a beginner... You should see what i can do with my FF, all without touching my parking brake...

What else i can say? I'm a home mechanic (learned on my Civic, then the following cars) and i'm quite addicted to fixing up my cars, i like bringing back cars from the dead... I also like to find out my own driving techniques, i'm quite good at turning handling quirks into useful tricks...

Edit : An Accord S is a 2.0 L, 3 doors and carburated car. It got front and rear sway bars so it handle quite well. That model is only availiable in Canada i heard (that's were i live BTW).

Last edited by rforce27; 08-19-2003 at 03:59 PM.
    -Driving faster than traffic does have a nice advantage : you only have to worry about what is in front, not what is tailling you.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    Welcome to the forum! Its always good to see an knowledgeable newbie come aboard.

TONS of very helpful info if you can stand to wade to the post-whored threads!!
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

DX User
    Vehicle
    Accord 87 S
    Thanks for the welcome .
    -Driving faster than traffic does have a nice advantage : you only have to worry about what is in front, not what is tailling you.

Vehicle
    2006 Nissan 350z
    May I be the second to welcome you to the wonderful world of 3GEEZ! You will find many things of astounding nature available at your fingertips, such as hints, tips, and suggestions.

The search option is your friend and will assist in your endeavors.
    ENJOY!
    natsugusa ya
    tsuwamono domo ga
    yume no ato

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Welcome, I have some pics of guys who do use the hand brake and end up with large holes in the rear tires.
    - llia

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    Welcome to the site, lotsa useful info to be found on here

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    welcome to the board....I am the master here...lol
    nah just kiddin..
    damn that was the cleanest sounding post though and all knowlegable like...

DX User
    Vehicle
    Accord 87 S
    I didn't feel i was that knowledgeable... Well if you guys think so, thanks .