Thread: what shocks to use?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    1994 accord coupe RIP/ 88 accord lx sedan, 99 Honda Prelude

what shocks to use?

i have a very low budget project going here that is going to be pretty much just a pretty winter beater. i have a set of sprint 2.25 inch lowering springs for it. will kyb struts support these or should i got for the tockico blue shocks? i'm sure this question has been asked before so sorry ahead of time.
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

RIP my beutiful 5g coupe. May the villans rot in hell!

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Kyb struts are just stock replacements. They are not any stiffer. I'm running tokico blues on h&r springs and the rear is stiff enough but the front still has a touch of bounce (more pronounced at speed). Your best option is the koni struts (discontinued as i'm sure you know) but those will ride the best out of all. I should be running konis too, but i couldn't afford $450 and I found the tokicos used off the board for $90 total.

alex

SEi User
    Vehicle
    well i can't afford anything more than tockics. i have them on my other accord and i've had them on there for over a year. i can't imagine anything stiffer, especially living in new england where we have tons of pot holes
    one of my 88 lx's is up for parts. good engine and transmission. pretty much everything is there. the fenders and hood are bad but other than that it's pretty good.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    It's going to be your winter beater and you want to lower it on 2.25 springs? I don't see the point here ESPECIALLY un MA. You're going to do the snow plow all winter. Plus you'll need a camber kit to go with it or you'll eat your winter tires like a chubby kid in chocolate land.

You best bet would be to leave it like that.. Nor KYBs ot Tokicos can handle the Sprint springs. You're really likely to bottom out on most of the potholes if you do that..... speaking of potholes, just drive north of the border in that crazy french Canadian province... that's where all the potholes are raised until they get to sexual maturity

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

SEi User
    Vehicle
    yes i would like to lower it winter beater or not. as a matter of fact my other accord which is going to be stored this winter drove fine all last winter lowered 2.25 inches. i know my other accord ha sno camber kit and after driving it for a year on the same tires i never noticed any uneven wear. and the only reason i am replacing the shoicks and springs is because the stock stuff is all rotted out so it's kind of a mine as well type of thing.