Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price O' Gas Thread

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Re: The Price O' Gas Thread

lol the guy up the road from us accidently put the diesel up for $1.80 a litre haha..

i say dont worry about the price, coz eventually 1 day $1.57/L would be cheap

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

Quote Originally Posted by DBMaster
    No worries. On the subject of hybrids I couldn't agree more. I think they are more of a statement for the people who buy them. If you compare the extra cost of a hybrid vehicle to what you actually save in a year on fuel you realize that it will take you YEARS to recoup your investment. And, you might not even keep the car long enough because many of the hybrids on the market are problematic - auto manufacturers trying to make their own statements by releasing infant technology.
    Buying an old car makes sense if it is in good shape and won't kill you on repairs or leave you stranded. The whole economy of the auto industry is shameful. The idea is to get you to go into debt buying something most of us do not need, but as was already stated, this IS America and we have freedom of choice. Practicality and sensibility cannot and should not be legislated. I just get pretty damn sick of hearing people complain about the costs of things, wanting the government to bail them out. Heaven forbid that they actually adopt habits that could really make a difference.
    I'm going to let the rant welling up in my brain just slowly die... Otherwise I'm going to start ranting about how the people in this country seem to want the government to do everything for them. It could take a while and be really offensive and controversial. Nice to see someone actually shares my opinions If you like talking about this type of shit, I refer you to the blog on my myspace site, just click on the link in the sig.

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right

Glad to hear that I am not the only "King of Rant." Sad for me since I work in the corporate office of an MLM company and my failure to be a "cheerleader" has kept me from advancing for nine years.

The long and short of it for me is that the more advanced we become the dumber we seem to get. We have cars that handle better, stop better, and protect us more thoroughly in the event of an accident. At the same time, I have never seen such a bunch of skill-free drivers in my life! All of the crap that keeps entering the market tells the world that we can't seem to live for five minutes without access to TV and music. Oh, man, I had better quit while I am ahead or else I will be offending as well.

Peace!

Awaiting Activation
    Vehicle
    Virbius, my 1987 Honda Accord LX-i I got with no rust and only 92K miles!

I was watching CNBC two days ago and they had a nice special report on gas prices and I learned an interesting little fact then. It appears as if the major oil companies are actually selling us our gas at wholesale instead of at profit now in order to keep it below $3.00 a gallon. The reason for this is because they feel that the American public no longer has the patience for $3.00 a gallon gas after Katrina and they are afraid of a backlash if it reaches or goes too much over that. They also mentioned that oil consumption was down .6% instead of raising 1.2% like every year and that all of the automotive manufacturers are finding it difficult to sell any SUVs and even those previously in denial (such as GM) have finally just said that the demand for SUVs is shrinking fast and that the SUV trend is essentially over. People are buying and using their more economical cars instead of their trucks and SUVs for getting around and some have also turned to motorcycles or to a lesser degree bicycles like I have.

They also mentioned that $3.00 a gallon is some kind of magical mental point for Americans, we seem to feel that paying $3.00 a gallon or more for gas is just crossing the line in some regard. If gas is below $3.00 a gallon we will just bitch and moan but not do anything about it, but if it hits $3.00 a gallon or more words become actions and that is not a good thing for the oil companies. They also verified that gas will average at least $3.25 a gallon this summer (I personally am expecting at least $3.50 myself).

The good news is that things are already starting to change, the era of just mass consumption for the sake of consumption is coming to a close fast. The bad news is that the damage is already done and that it is probably too little too late. It is nice to know I will not have to look at those damned SUVs much longer though.
    END OF LINE.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

good info reptile...well today i went to go fill up and i drive to the cheap gas and today it was $3.05 for regular...i dont fill it up now i just put 20 bucks cuz all that extra gas will give me less gas mileage... yeah now i get mad if my engine goes over 3k RPM...lol cuz its just a waste of gas.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

lol me too. before i used to take my car up to 5-6k now i keep it generally under or at 3 lol. im even doing 45mph on 5th gear man! and yeah i too only put 20 bucks instead of filling it up. i think the extra 10 bucks could go for something more usefull like food hahaha.

anyway gas here in orange and anaheim is already at 3.58 for premium and 3.39 for reg. amazing isnt it. the lowest i ever remember seeing my dad fill up his car was at .79 and that was in 93! lol i remember him bitching over the 3 cents it increased when it went to .82! hahahaha oh well like the song says, life is life...na na na nana!

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Here in Sonora, California We Pay:

Reg: $3.25
    Plus: $3.35
    Prem: $3.45

it SUCKS!

my mother drives a 2006 CR-V and is wishing she had the mileage of the 3Gee!
    Oh Well at least she didn't get the Pilot!
    2004-2011?

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Gas is about $2.65 or so here. I heard it might get close to $4.00 or so in the summer months.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by ddude2uc
    Gas is about $2.65 or so here. I heard it might get close to $4.00 or so in the summer months.
    dude i would kill for that price....i remember when it was 2.32 for regular and now its 3.13 just like 3 months later

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 LXi

They charge $.12 in venezuala.
    so uh.... lets go take over venezuala instead of Iraq. Save money on air fuel..

Vehicle
    13 Veloster Turbo, 06 Jeep TJ Rubicon

I envy you four cylinder people hehe. I really miss my 3g hatch! My BMW costs me about $60 to fill it up when low @ $2.99 and being that I live in York, PA and work in Baltimore (bout 100 mile roundtrip) that fillup only lasts me four workdays. Ugh.

I really wanna get another 3G hatch /w manual tranny and/or get my Honda Magna motorcycle back on the road heh.
    Ken

"Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with every Microsoft product."

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

its up to $3.09 at safway and $3.29 at shell but it still only cost me $32 to fill up and it last 2 weeks

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Ok crazies, price of gas is $1.99 a gallon here. What cha paying the pide pipper? (aka Iraqies)

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

Dropped from $2.95 to $2.79 this week in Idaho.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

ours lately has dropped from $1.75 (i think) to $1.50 a litre which is $4.36 a gallon US, cheap for us , but not compared to yous

Vehicle
    2003 Honda Element EX - its orange! =c)

holy hanna.. im glad i dont have to drive in new zealand

cheapest ive seen is 2.29 around me for delta, but thats out of the way for me so i usually go 2.43 for sunoco
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    throwing your soap is one thing but some states allow the death penalaty for messing with a mans sandwhich

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

lucky we live in a small country eh? only a 5minute drive everywere

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-I, Monterey Green

Here in Orlando, it's dropped to $2.49! Just 3-4 weeks ago I payed $2.93! They said on the news they expect it to drop up to another $0.25!!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/XtreemJedi[leave a comment]
    Obi-Wan: "I don't mind 'drifting', but what you're doing is suicide."
    Obi-Wan in episode 2, para-phrased...

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX (rip), 1993 Civic Si (rip), 2000 Contour (burn in hell), 1992 Integra LS, 1992 Civic CX (Project)

a few days ago it was like 2.13 here, now it's like 2.39 average price of gas this winter for Michigan is supposed to be like 2.25

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

how long does a full tank last you guys? over here (my dads car) if he filled it up it would probably last 2 weeks - a month

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-I, Monterey Green

If I don't do too much, it will last me about 2 weeks. But if I go to friend's houses, or out of town, it could last me as little as 1 day. I travel far to see lots of friends. Like tonight I am going to Ocala, I know you guys don't know where that is, but you can look on mapquest, I live in Altamonte Springs, and i'm going to Ocala tonight. It's a good distance, I do this once a week usually. Also, I work in Fern Park, and have lots of friends in Apopka, Sanford, and even further away, Gainsville.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/XtreemJedi[leave a comment]
    Obi-Wan: "I don't mind 'drifting', but what you're doing is suicide."
    Obi-Wan in episode 2, para-phrased...

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

here in my city, 87 octane is at $2.09. now that i have to run premium, thats up at $2.29. seems like i got it for $2.24 the other day though. sooooo glad i dont have a gas guzzler to drive right now, with going back of forth to school and what not.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

whats the lowest octane there?

2.12 here muhahahahahhaha cheapest ive ever gottin it

http://www.myspace.com/reanimator420
    originally posted by ACCORDEPICENTER
    it should be there tuesday... So take your keyboard and wrap it around your neck and hang yourself with the cord.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i filled it up on sunday and it was 2.65 i guess my tank lasts me a week and a half...but i drive close to 70 miles per day...ooh yeah this is my my DX...the LX-i is geting its beauty rest at home.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned