Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price O' Gas Thread

Vehicle
    1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger
    hehe i ran out if gas today when i was going home. i turn on the car and i drive half a block and the car turns off.
    Then what did you do? I've never run out of gas but have come quite close. I'm always wondering what the hell you do in that situation. Be embarrassed and sit on the side of the road and wait for AAA?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    It definately sucks having to run 93+ in the turbo im feeling it now. I spent $50 to fill up both the honda and my mazda both which were at about 1/4 tank each. I hate to see what summer brings!

Vehicle
    93 civic
    91 octane 2.99 O_O

2.79 for 87

around SF there are some that are at the 3.15 mark for 91 octane.
    Last edited by Busted_Blue; 04-20-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    Damn, yeah $2.40 here. What the hell is going on here? I think I speak for everyone when I say it's about time we get a damn handle in this situation. Holy hell.

That's got to be the cleanest living DX I've ever seen.
    -Strugglebucket
    Wow, that's absolutely amazing-that car does not look like it's 20 years old!
    -
    redaztec
    DAYUM!
    -
    2ndGenGuy
    ...it looks like it came out straight from japan.
    -
    MessyHonda

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100
    I saw yesterday 76 station was 2.30, 2.40, and 2.50 respectively. Probably gone up by now a day later. I buy my gas at Costco, usually 10 cents cheaper than anyplace.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

what you pay for gas now?

This was a while back. Their bitching about $1.58 a gallon.

LOOK at the prices today.

I forgot to say, I pay anywhere from $1.89 - $2.25 a gallon.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 04-28-2005 at 09:44 PM. Reason: price a gallon

Vehicle
    89 Lx-i
    2.99 for premium at 76 here in cal. i haven't paid less than 2$ for a gallon of gas in a long long time.

i used to make the argument that gas is cheaper than milk, so stop bitching, but it really isn't any more. all i do is remember that i get nearly 350 miles in 12 gallons, versus the SUV fucktards and v8s who are really feeling the foolishness of their machines.

chris

Vehicle
    1990 CRX, 1992 Honda Civic DX (sold, then stolen! :(), 1988 Honda Accord LX (sold + missed :()
    Its at the least about 2.49/gal here in so cal.. And thats for regular. Can you say, fucking rediculous? Glad i'll be driving a 4 banger. Hah

Vehicle
    1986 lxi 4 handle, 77 gmc 4x4, 97 astro van on 18's,98 Honda Shadow Aero 1100
    $2.31 for regular at Safeway today. Wheeling trip will really hurt this weekend, at least 2 tanks in my tow rig to get there.
    http://members.cardomain.com/3gn86lxi
    ~Ryan~
    Custom STEEL z3 fenders, and true HID

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    i usually go to a few places on this one road. 3 places on that road have it for $1.99 for regular. like $2.19 for premium. the place at the end of my street has it for $2.05 for regular. i'm usually driving around and just go by those places that have it for the cheaper prices. thank honda for low compression.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Its about 3 dollars here in Seattle

Vehicle
    2003 Infiniti G35 sedan
    damn i posted this thread a while back..hahah...now im wishin gas stays below 2 bucks....cheapest i found was 1.97...thank god for the 4 banger with good gas mileage

Vehicle
    Lx-i
    YOUR lucky, im never find gas under 2.45$ down here in FL, but when you think about it is really not that big of a deal, i mean overall you might spend like an extra dollar but geez its not like im going to go broke if gas goes up a few cents. Although plenty of ppl will act like this

Vehicle
    2006 Honda Civic LX
    It's about $2.20 here in RI... I have not been able to put over $20 in the Civic yet though lol. That car is GREAT on gas!!!

tim

Vehicle
    97 Prelude, 97 Suzuki RF600R
    nuthin under 2.24 in nor dallas
    Four cars (and one motorcycle) in three years and not one with a cupholder...this is the story of my life.

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Hatchback LX-i
    i can find it for about $2 here in college station. It bounces between $1.90 and $2.10 for regular.

you guys also have to understand that it's not just gas that's more expensive. The american dollar isn't worth as much as it used to be worth. Sure the price of oil has gone up, but not enough to justify these kinds of increases. EVERYTHING is more expensive. food, gas, clothes, medicine, etc. I used to pay $5 copay to visit the doctor and $10 for drugs. Now, i pay $25 for the visit and $40 for drugs. Milk is over $3 a gallon, here.

what you're buying isn't more valuable than it used to be. the currency you're buying with is just less valuable so you have to use more of it.

that, largely, has to do with HOW the country is being run -- not oil production in the middle east. Studies have shown that with the economy the way it is, minimum wage should be over $10 per hour. Unfortunately, it takes YEARS AND YEARS of increasing poverty for the minimum wage to get increased. It'll take decades before minimum wage hits $10 per hour.

Could you imagine if minimum wage was $10 or $12 an hour?
    Chris
    http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/accordsig.jpg

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX
    I have been filling up on Premium for a about a year to get used to paying more, so now I am back down to Regular, $2.57 a gallon yesterday!

Let's see, put an Oil Money Family in power, thats in the Saudis Pockets, and you think the price of gas will go down! Ha! Not a chance, it will only go down if we stop buying so much, simple ecomonics......

Iraq oil is for military use, high quality aviation fuels and tank juice. I think I remeber reading after Gulf War 1 that only 20% of Iraq oil is used domestically. Opec actually trys to keep the price below $2 a gallon because they know when it gets to high, everyone will start investing in alternatives like Hybrids and electric cars....

I just heard a radio program about this last week. The Latest figures for global oil production estimate that this year will be the peak year for production, not 2020 like they used to think. That means that supply will start shrinking as demand increases in the 3rd world, and the oil that is left to get is much more dificult to extract. So that means the price will go up and up. So even if we start driving hybrids the cost per mile will end up the same.....

Those poor California fools driving Hummers....

One thing I noticed is people are driving slower...
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin

Vehicle
    90 civic hb R.I.P. , 2002 EBP EM2<<figure it out..its not that hard
    highest i seen it here in the sticks was 2.45 for regular and 2.65 for prem and it hasnt falled much i think its at 2.29 right now but m not sure. i know i paid 36 bucks to fill up the honda.

reguarding the post above mine if its a hummer h2 i feel sorry for them but the h1 they are all diesels

gotta love a four cylinder!!!!!!
    b u n n y · t y p e R
    "the bunny liked the go-faster stripes... but wasn't too keen on the rear spoiler and ridiculous bodykit"

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    hella gay 44 bucks for a tank in a dinky honda.

the prob is the consumers are not doing anything to alieviate the inflation, let's start a 3geez boycott.
    3geez for life.

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Hatchback LX-i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._8t9LX

Those poor California fools driving Hummers....

One thing I noticed is people are driving slower...
    the feds are also drafting legislation to make hybrid car owners pay a separate tax for driving hybrid vehicles. rumor has it, the cars will be taxed on their annual milage which will be checked at inspection stands. a yearly inspection requirement will force hybrid car owners to get their cars checked once a year and pay a tax.

so much for consumer benefits to driving an efficient car. might as well drive a nicely tuned V6. it'll cost the same...
    Chris
    http://personalwebs.myriad.net/mouchyn/accordsig.jpg

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    here gas was @ 2.20 per gallon but it's fluxuated +/- $0.30 per gallon. It was 1.99 for a day and then 4 days later it was $2.22 rediculous
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue
    gas here is
    87= $2.45 to 2.50

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX
    Ya, H2 hummers, and whats up with their rear suspensions? Why would someone pay so much for no clearance?

Taxing Hybrids? I guess it is because road tax is applied via Gas per gallon, so the better the car the less road tax you pay, and with these hybrids getting almost double the MPG that means half the tax.....if its fair it should all work out the same tax wise, but with only half the gallons.

Another thing the tow truck guy told me, if you run a hybrid out of gas you have to take it to the dealer to get it reprogramed!! and people are running them out of gas alot!!! They don't have much battery juice so when the gas is gone you don't have many miles left.

We just got a sweet Silverado V-8 Hybrid truck at work donated by GM. It is Awsome!!! All the power when you need it but still effecient.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    2.78 in san jose, CA
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    heh, my boss drives an H2. gets like 12 mpg at its best . silly bastard. and the way he drives it. good lord he drives it like its a corvette or something. his other car is a '63 lincoln continental convertable, in black just like JFK's. that car is sweet. i think it gets better mileage than the H2 even with the kinda messed up carb. man, the gas prices are up down, up down. heh just like Mr. Miyagi says
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap