Thread: transaxle question

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord lxi 2 door coupe

transaxle question

ok, completely dropped my transaxle, my question is, i want to get the part from a junk yard, do i need to get a whole new transmission, or would it be easier to pull the tranaxle housing and get replace the transaxle??? and what all is involved with swapping this out?? what would be less work, and easier considering this would be my first time messing with anything that has to do with the tranni
    Last edited by HaccordR89; 08-24-2003 at 10:18 PM.
    worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987-Gen2 Honda Prelude-FF-2.0L-MPFI-4 Cyl-5 Spd-PWR-BLK
    Unless you have a "TEST" or "PRACTICE" tranni dont mess with it man....FOR REAL!

Just like A20A Carbs...if you dont know what your doing...dont mess with it!

I have taken a test tranni apart to see inside and there are A LOT of small parts. Sometimes you have to take it apart once or twice to get the shifting to work properly when you mix new and used parts!

Go to the junkyard and get a new tranni....THEN...take your old one apart so you know how to fix the new one when it goes!

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord lxi 2 door coupe
    thanks man, that is what i was really worried about was losing parts or not being able to put it back together, so, sounds good
    worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere