Thread: 2g carb tech help!!!!

DX User

2g carb tech help!!!!

hey guys im buying an 83 accord hb this weekend. the guy says it ran until his friend rebuilt the carb. i was thinking about that problem with 3g accord carbs when they get flipped over. does this happen to 2g carbs too? if so is there anyway or anything i can do just to get the car running? i would just like to be able to hear it run before i tow it home.....then ill put on the weber

anyways im getting it this weekend so please help me quickly

thanks

-robert

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Actually we found that the 3G accords don't have the flipping problem but it's possible the 2G does.
    - llia

DX User
    thanks for you response hopefully phyd34ux37 will know for sure

-robert

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    i own an 84, and no, flipping the carb over should not hurt it.. unless for some reason it has the cvcc carb, then it might have problems (or so i have heard from other websites). anyway, if he rebuilt the carb, and it didnt run ok afterwards, he probably just screwed something up. you could pour some gasoline into the carburator manually, like you would if you suspected a bad fuel pump, but im not sure if that would work, it would depend on how screwed up your carb really was. if the problem with the car was caused by flipping the carb over, then there is no quick fix for it, so your better off just going with the weber. hope this helps

DX User
    it was cvcc carb im pretty sure cuz 83 was the last year of cvcc. anyways i already got the weber on. it runs but really rough. i got it to idle fine and it revs smooth when nopt in gear but when i take it for a test drive it it doesnt accelerate right. i think there is something wrong with time or the spark?

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    85 was the last year for cvcc. All the us gen2 accords have cvcc.

andy

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    so, does flipping over the cvcc carb cause it to die? what if you rebuilt it afterwards, would it work... hmmm. gosh, i should really forget rebuilding this carb and buy a new one if im going to have to keep it upright when rebuilding it... sheesh.

just out of curiosity speed.freek, what'd you pay for the weber on the 83?

DX User
    you HAVE to get the weber! dont even think about it. i paid 370 total including 2nd day air shipping. it elimanates all the freakin vacuum hoses i even got to rid myself of that stupid vacuum box:flipa: its running a little rich though but im tuning it.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    2007 pilot
    but... but... i dont have $400 yet! i want my idle problem to go away now! plus, im forever a newbie, so doing something like this would really teach me a lot about carbs. hey, does anyone know if holley makes carbs for my honda?