Thread: New B20a Link

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord Lx-i

New B20a Link

I've recently been talking to sales at flash options...they have the b20 engines we're looking for along with other engines for cheap....They want 780USD shipped and you can pick which type of trans you want...he says they have a whole bunch of them...Also for the people who already have the engine but are missing parts. He also sells individual parts like the rear tranny mount and so on and so forth. But to every rose there is a thorn...meaning...they dont do leakdown or compression tests and there are no guarantees. Give me some feedback...what do you think?
    If something flies past you at 120 mph, it probably was me

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    780 shipped??!? hmm find out more info on them cuz it kinda sounds toooo good to be true and im saying it because u say he says to pic any transmission? might be the Prelude one

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1988 HONDA ACCORD LX
    to me it sounds too risky, getting a block, that could be fucked up. the individual parts will help others out though.

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    If we go there can we test them ourselves?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord Lx-i
    Well as far as the tranny....I meant you can pick which setup u want a manual or auto...not which tranny as far as gettin the b20 and get a prelude trans...most of the trannies are still attached to the motor...and i know it sounds risky but i just asked him if there are no guarantees then could we send it back if something goes wrong with it..and so on...also it will save time having to find parts from other engines to fit the b20's...he usually gets the whole car so we can get anything from the ECU to the axles to the wiring harness...even though we dont need the harness....but I'm waitin for a response and i will get back to you guys..its not really too good to be tru...I mean think about it...the engines range from 14 to 17 years old...they should be much more than 900USD to start with....Plus..no one really has any use for it other than us...most engine importers didnt even know the engine existed...
    If something flies past you at 120 mph, it probably was me

LX User
    Vehicle
    05 Subaru STI
    if there is a way for you guys to go check them out before you buy that would be best and also a way to test is ask the guy what series tranny comes with the engines tell him to give you the tranny codes for the gold top 86-87 it should be b2k5 for the 88-89 it should be f2k5 if he tells you this then hes legit and if you check out the motors they should be leaning frontwards if there leaning to the back that means its a prelude
    JUST A LITTLE FREINDLY ADVICE !!