Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( NXRacer )

Accord of the Year - 2006

I know I'm a little late in this thread but you can get rods from crower. They are beefier than stock rods and come with a good set of rodbolts.

HEre is all the info you'll need.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    yikes how much do they cost?
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    lookin
    it's crower, so it can't be cheap... lol thinkin like $600-$700
    'honda makes people happy'

Accord of the Year - 2006

Originally posted by Low Tek
    it's crower, so it can't be cheap... lol thinkin like $600-$700
    That is correct.

Thats how much all billet rods go for though, so if you want good parts you're going to have to pay.

Vehicle
    lookin
    yep.. I have payed $1165 for my piston and rods set up... and I have turbo pistons.. 8.0-1
    'honda makes people happy'

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    bump. list updated.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

DX User
    Vehicle
    1992 Honda Integra GS-R
    Arrrgh i can't even sell my LX-i for that much. Unless any of you want it. Has a bondo'd quarter panel that should probably be replaced and a few other more minor things...

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch

biggest/best turbo size?

whats the biggest turbo that should be used with the a20? I know sean is using the small chrysler turbo, but my buddy has a t04 that i could get from him. Could the a20 handle that big of a turbo or would there be WAY too much turbo lag? I know that there will be more then with the chrysler, but is that just way to big to be used or could it be used?
    Last edited by NXRacer; 12-11-2003 at 12:10 PM.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Im not sure on what you want to run for boost or if your gonna build your block. But if your gonna go all the way T3's are common to use. Im told by other Turbo Honda owners that the garrett T3 Super 60 is a nice setup for my B20A.

But unless you were to get a kit from Sean or something like that i think it would be worth going all the way because its very expensive to get custom stuff done and a manifold alone can be expensive. Also im on www.homemadeturbo.com a lot and i see some very hacked up set ups that are prone to have problems but are very low budget. I personally want power and keep it reliable so im doing it the expensive way but more or less the correct way. But on the other end low boost set ups are as strainful so it can retain the reliability people want.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    im gonna be using seans setup on my a20. if i did go with the t04 i'd have a flange put on his manifold for the t04. my main concern is turbo lag and how much a t04 will have and if it would be pointless to use that size.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Well for the big dogs out the new thing the T3/T4 hybrid. It can put out more PSI and more power then you know what to do with. I know one person is working on one and I'm to run one when my $$$ comes.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    the best thing about t3/t4 is that you have the small exhaust turbine which allows the turbo to spool quickly but you have the bigger outlet turbine which allows you to boost more...
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    small turbine housing rob HP by restricting the exhuast side of the engine you loose HP. spool up can be controlled with timing fuel and wastgate tension. . the s60 and the 50trim dodge turbo are both far bigger then a 14b tdo4e mitsu turbo. striagth up
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    my ONLY question is if i were to get a cheap/free t04, can i use it and get decent (200whp range) power from it without a HUGE turbo lag?

im not really looking for the best possible option, i'm trying to decide if i should get the t04 thats available to me right now.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

SEi User
    Vehicle
    dude my current dodge turbo ( read cheap as nuts ) spools so fast that i cant figure out when it doesnt spool.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    - llia

Vehicle
    1991 Eclipse GSX AWD TURBO
    Don't worry about turbo lag, once you feel the boost hit you'll forget what lag is... Also because the stock A20 is about 9.3 to 1 compression you'll spool the To4 a little faster anyway. I say if the To4 is a cheap buy get it. In all honesty you are planning on running a turbo on a NA block. Without some mods to internals you WILL NOT be able to use the full boost of that turbo.. My guess is if you run more than 8-10psi say bye bye to stock pistons and rings. 200whp is about 245 crank hp, I think that number is a pipe dream for the stock A20 block. When your 3g was brand new it had only 110 crank HP, to get to 245 hp would be a 130% increase. Show me a turbo setup from anywhere, running under 12psi that will net you a 130% increas in HP...
    I hate to sound like a doubter, and I give you high marks for putting the effort into your car, just try to be more realistic with expectations of the A20.. Take a look a JohnnyO he has the fastest 3g on the board. However his car is not what i would call a daily driver, I saw it on Nov. 2nd. He worked his ass off on that car to get it to run 10.98 but look what he is doing for next year, hunting down another motor to build...
    If you want a fast daily driven sleeper, your 88 Lxi coupe can be just that with a turbo setup and about 8psi.. You'll scare any kid in a Civic with a fart can hanging under the back bumper..
    Last edited by turfnnsurf; 12-11-2003 at 07:51 PM.

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!
    [email protected] Englishtown, 4/24/04
    2005 It's 12's or bust!! All BOOST all the time!

SEi User
    Vehicle
    you have no idea how much power you can make on stock internals. ive made 225 WHP on stock internals. its doable. but its a bit risky.

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 & 89 Accord
    I haven't dynoed mine yet, but judging by my MPH I should be making like 220WHP. 2530LBS, 103MPH in 1/4 mile. Do the math. Stock bottom end, it's all about the tuning. My friends have stock bottom end GSR motors putting out 455 & 470WHP. It's all about the tuning and we've proven it.

---'88 Honda Accord w/100hp shot NOS----13.3@105mph
    www.kmodifiedracing.com

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Ok for turbo's

Stay away from the mitsu's not much avaiable for them. the 14B sucks ( read small as a cats nut's).

Ok garrets are pretty cheap. the rason i picked the 50 trim dodge turbo was packaging. its in a very effieent package and fits really really well in the front of the car.

Now the good news. the dodge turbos can be upgrdaded to HP ratings in excess of 400hp. due you really need that much power ?

GO pick up a 50 trim off ebay for like $100 pray its in good shape. even with a rebuild it wouldnt cost much. the CRX guy are always looking for te toe4 anyways so sell it over at www.homemadeturbo.com

Im gona try to stock up some 50 trim dodge garrets. depends on $$$. Ill also be stocking a few turbos in various other trims. However dont come to me looking for a t3/t4 for your accord unless you tel me your gonna make in excess of 400hp. just no need.

the 42/48 good trim for the accord. i presoanlly would prefer a 42/63 still make about 18 psi of boost. but breathe alot easier

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    i know the t4 is too big, but i can get it for really cheap and its almost brand new so its in perfect condition. thats the only reason i was thinking about getting it.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

SEi User
    Vehicle
    give me the specs on this turbo. any to4 garret is gona be to big. is this a mitsubishi toe4 or a garret. still fialing to understand exactly what size the turbo is. and what type of turbo it is.
    Last edited by Sean; 12-12-2003 at 09:43 AM.

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    i'll try to get model numbers or something. they guy who has it doesnt know too much about it so he couldnt get a lot of info. I'll take some pictures of it or something for ya.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    well it was a garrett, but apparently its been sold or something so that plan is scratched. Exactly what year/model of chrystler car should i look for a turbo?
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

SEi User
    Vehicle
    any of the dodge turbo's should fit as long as there garret t3's. basically 85-92 any dodhge chrysler, plymouth 2.2 2.5 engine. dont get fooled by the mitsubishi that did come on the cars as well. the mitsu is pretty easy to spot. its rediculously small.

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM