Thread: Rallye anyone?

DX User
    Vehicle
    miss my 3G :(

Rallye anyone?

My 3g is my first fwd car... so I'm trying to have some fun. The E-Brake is definately my new best friend!

There are some good quad trails near my new house, and I've been frequenting them with my 3g... my lil 4drLXi can F-L-Y through trails.

Anyone else throwing thier Accord around Off Road/or on road for that matter?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    my cv boots have been torn for quite some time... if i raise my car up and fix the boots I might go again.
    - llia

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    yeah, FWD cars are good for doing some ralley type driving. i know trying to do it in a RWD car is a bit harder to keep fairly good control. i need to adjust my hand brake because it doesnt hold. i think this may be because of warped drums or old pads. either way, i havent had luck sliding my back end around in my 3gee. thats another story for my '02 accord. it does realy well. i did it on a dirt road by one of the beaches here. it does it even better when its all wet after its rained. gotta be careful not to lose control. wonder how i could explain that to the insurance company. hehe.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    97 f-150, 1989 accord dx (broke), 91 lx wagon
    errrr...i love rally racing...but theres NO unpaved roads around here...theres a 4x4 trail...but i really don't want to drive the accord into 3 ft. of mud
    dylan
    1991 honda accord lx
    rockin the SOHC again for now
    h23/vtec in the works.

Vehicle
    88 Lxi Accord

Talking

I really want to start rallying my '88 Accord Lxi, but i need some direction. i know that i should raise the suspension, but i dont know where to look for compatible parts. if anyone could help me out at all it would be RAD!

DX User
    Vehicle
    miss my 3G :(
    I just put a tall, narrower tire on all four corners and I had NO clearance issues... I'm sure you could pick up a nice set of struts so as not to explode the old sloppy ones that are prolly in there.
    You also need to get yourself a nice heavy piece of steel (min 1/4'' thick), and fab up a skid plate for under the engine bay... this will keep the engine and trans protected when you get her airbourne or bring her thru rough areas. Before I got rid of my 88LXi, we used to get it as high at 4 feet off the ground at one point. On board Fire Extinguisher is also a must.
    And no matter what you do, make sure your exhaust is solid and exits the REAR of the car...

and USE YOUR SAFETY EQUIPMENT!!

Vehicle
    88 Lxi Accord
    can anyone tell me where to get a good set of struts, or what will fit on my car? Also, would anyone reccomend coilovers for this type of racing, and where would I find those as well? I am new at this racing and modding stuff, so I need some direction. thanks