Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP need advice from FI gods!!!

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi

HELP need advice from FI gods!!!

Ok as some of u might know i have been having alot of problems with my fuel injection. Laytely my car has died forcing me to be carless for 3 dayz now. firstly the car starts and then dies. The idle drops low and the car shakes and dies. I checked the pump today and it seems to be working cuz there is gas from the pump to tha filter, i also checked the filter and there is gas going to the filter to i guess the injector. So i think it could be a faulty injector cuz there is no gas reaching the engine. I sprayed intake cleaner in tha throat and it starts fine and idles good then dies but when i keep spraying it its fine. So please help me out i got no clue on whats wrong thankz!
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    maybe there is not enough fuel pressure... you should check that too.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi
    Originally posted by carotman
    maybe there is not enough fuel pressure... you should check that too.
    I think it should be around 31 to 35 PSI. Could also be the main relay.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord Exi
    hook your fuel pump directly to 12v.(you have to get into the trunk remove that plate to get at the pump) Try to start the car with the pump constantly running. If it starts, its your fuel pump relay etc. If it doesnt than you will have to check your fuel pressure, just because fuel gets through your filter, doesnt mean its working properly. When you first turn your key on, you should hear a faint whirring noise from your fuel pump. Check the fuel rail to see if that gets fuel too, there is a bolt you can undo to release the pressure. Get a buddy to turn the car on(or 12v to fuel pump) and see if the fuel rail is getting any. It took me all this to figure out my problem was my computer(salt ate through the case)

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    ok i will check it out tomm, how do i check the fuel pressure and is there a picture showing the bolt on the fuel rail cuz i got no clue on where that is thankz for tha help :pimp:

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi
    To check the fuel pressure there is a tiny bolt on top of one of the screws that attach the fuel lines to the fuel filter. We actually have the HONDA fuel pressure guage that screws right down into that hole. But most other fuel pressure testers have adapters that will screw down in there.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    ok so i got a new fuel pump changed, it and also the filter, now the car starts but it misses real badly on acceleration!!!! i dunno what to do nemore, there is fuel going to the fuel rail and everything could it be the injectors?! help atleast i slowly drove my car back home and its in my driveway

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    check the idle screw on your TB and also check if your throttle cable is tight enough. ppl had bad experiences with loose TC. so anyways, what do u mean misses badly on acceleration? like stammers? hesitates? check your vacuum hoses.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    it sorta like backfires but not like that exactly i dunno, took it to tha mechanic today and he put in new spark plugs, adjusted the timing and i adjusted the a/f screw he thinks its the tps cuz i know that its gone but i dun think that it would cause this sort of problem........i dunno tho

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    did anyone replace the spark wires before this thing happened? if so check if they are right. if it backfires, then for sure, as u kow, its the timing. seems like something might be clogged too. u can get a TPS from a junk and see if it fixes the problem. like right there in the junk. i kinda doubt it would be though, but again, i am not sure.

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I would definetly get a new (used) TPS first. I checked my service manual and here is what a bad TPS can cause:
    irregular/low idle, poor performance (includes bad fuel economy, backfiring, knocking, lack of power at all ranges of rpms, etc)
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    oh cool i didnt know that, going to get one tomm to see how it goes thankz

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    Quick update, TPS didnt really do anything but i ended up draining my fuel tank and changing the filter once again. It runs wayyyyyyyy better now, alot smoother but still kinda misses, i guess once i do a complete tune up it should be ok. I guess it had bad gas or something thankz for the help tho :pimp: quick ? tho what causes ur idle to fluctuate?

Vehicle
    A dirty fast idle valve maybe?? Check out PaulAerodeck's service manual for the complete run down on how to clean it.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    yep i juss d/l it, i put in some gas treatment as well as 94 octane gas and it still misses and lacks power, got to 80km/h today, and then it sort of stutters.........i will look into that tho hopefully it helpz..........

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    Quick update: changed the distributor cap and cleaned the injectors and fuel rail, same daymn thing!!!! i got no power and the engine really stutters i am totally out of ideas, where is the fast idle valve i checked the service manual and couldnt find it, what section?! My brakes have started to bind i guess, on one side i get harsh grinding even tho i changed my brakes a few months ago..............dunno what to do people

LXi User
    Vehicle
    accord HB ( metallic green)
    feel the disc for any grooves to check to see if maybe your metal on metal. Maybe that calipers seizing up, take the pads off and clean the part were they slide and put a little grease on there.

Maybe that would help, Shitty man I know what its like when its one thing after a fuckin'nother. Keep us updated

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    ok could it be the main relay?!!?! cuz i am out of ideas it has to be something! or could it be the FPR?! plz help and yeah green machine it sucks i am going to check the brakes tomm to see wuts going on there...........

Vehicle
    The fast idle valve is beside the throttlebody (back side of the intake manifold). It has a cap held with two screws and is sort of shaped like an eye. It should be covered in the fuel injection part of the fuel system section.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    It's on page 12-44 on Paul site.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    yep found it and opened one screw and the other one is completely stripped so i got to find a way tomm to open that up and clean it.......what else do u recommend yasu? i mean it hesitates and misses bad, lacks power and stuff i got no clue what else to change could it be the FPR? i checked the vacuum lines and they seem fine.......

Vehicle
    Use a vise grip and clamp it on the stripped head. That should get it off. Try cleaning it first and we can throw some more ideas around if it doesn't help much.
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    86 2.0Si JDM DOHC Accord

Lightbulb

hi ,maybe try checking map sensor.

LX User
    Look behind butterfly on throttle body, see if theres bigtime carbon biuldup. Also see if you can run a code check.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    Cleaned the Fast idle valve and there was some carbon deposit not much tho, still getting the same problem, i checked to see if there was suction so i opened the cover of the valve and there was when i started the engine. Could it be the fast idle valve? How do i check the map sensor? and i did clean the TB with intake cleaner and it didn't help much. I am really frustrated at this point cuz so far herez what i changed :fuel pump, 2 fuel filters, did a fuel flush, changed the spark plugs, distributor cap. cleaned both the fuel rail and the injectors. Heres the problem hard time starting the car when the engine is cold, car idles to 1k then drops and turns off. After engine is warm the car hesitates and misses and lacks power! so yeah i am going to take to maybe a high end mechanic if i cant solve this problem....thankz for the help guyz :pimp: