Thread: Fuel Boiling Out Of Bowl..bulletin?

Vehicle
    1987 HONDA ACCORD LX

Unhappy Fuel Boiling Out Of Bowl..bulletin?

I HAVE AN 87 ACCORD, AND I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE CARB BOWL HEATING THE FUEL TO THE POINT OF BOILDING. THE CAR IS RUNNING LIKE SHIT WHEN IT DOES RUN AND WON'T STAY AT IDLE. I HAVE A BUDDY THAT WORKED ON HONDAS FOR 13 YEARS AND HE MENTIONED A FAN KIT USED BY HONDA (IN A BULLETIN) TO FIX THE PROBLEM, BUT I CAN'T FIND ANY INFO ON IT. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS ON MY PROBLEM?

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    fuel boiling? hmmm that new. i never heard of that. i don't know what the problem can be but if i was you i would start with cooling system first. make sure the intake manifold doesn't get too hot and so on and on.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    1987 HONDA ACCORD LX
    THANKS ALEX. I'M UNDER THE IMPRETION THAT WHEN THE CARS WERE NEW THAT THIS WAS A COMMON PROBLEM WITH THESE. WHAT HAPPENS IS THE BOWL VENT DOSEN'T VENT PROPERLY CAUSING THE FUEL TO VENT DOWN INTO THE INTAKE AND THEN CAUSE THE BOILING BEFORE THE FUEL GETS TO THE CYLINDER. EVEN AFTER THE CAR HAS JUST SHUT OFF. THIS FAN WAS DESIGNED TO COOL THE CARB AND INTAKE DURING AND AFTER OPERATION. IT LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE A LITTLE FAN THAT IS IN THE BACK OF YOUR COMPUTER TOWER. I COULD BE WRONG THAT WAS JUST WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A FORMER HONDA MECHANIC. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Vehicle
    86 Accord LX, carb, AT
    If ur car "RUNS LIKE SHIT WHEN IT DOES RUN AND WON'T STAY AT IDLE" doesnt mean that the fuel is boiling in float bowl.
    U can blow through the 2 vents from top of carb ( the 2 brass like pipes getting air on top op carb) they are always open to float bowl.

U may check for 3g bulletins here:
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3309
    but none sounds like a fan kit for carb.

Although the EFE could malfunction and stay on, it suppose to shut off after warmup. Try and unplug it.
    There is also a thermovalve under the intake, this one is suppose to close coolant access to carb base when coolant gets to normal temps (180F). I think there is a "how to" remove it somewhere here..
    Both EFE and thermovalve help with cold engine start.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    Honda carbs never had any fans. You don't need fan to cool the carb down. the gasket between the intake manifold and carb is think enough to keep the carb from heating up.
    most likely your carb need to be rebuild.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    The EFE is a heat spacer... But I think you have a cooling problem, probably a thermostat or thermal switch.
    - llia