Thread: What struts for lowering car?????

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe

Talking What struts for lowering car?????

I'm going to get my struts replaced and i heard that you have to buy stiffer struts if you plan on lowering your car so it will not bounce. Is that true? If so then what would be the best for this job?(Something i can buy localy, i don't trust ordering things over the net!!)
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    depends on what you can afford man....I would suggest either tokico (around 60$ a strut) or KONI (dunno $) it will be a stiff ride but better handling and they are performance struts. Any local store should be able to order whatever you want.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Yes, when installing stiffer lowering springs(they are all stiffer btw), you need to install stiffer struts to go with them. Consider the Tokico H.P. as the starting point. Koni special's would be ideal,and more sport oriented. I'm running the koni's.

If you buy them locally you will pay sky high prices. This would a good time to lay down your fears of net purchasing and bite the bullet and save a ton of money. Funny thing is the cheapest place to get the tokico's does not have web ordering. You have to call them on the phone and speak to a real person. I'm talking about shox.com or RD enterprises $235 for a set of 4 tokico's or $424+free shipping for the koni's here is their phone number. tollfree: 800.683.2890 I have done business with them and can vouch for them.

Otherwise: Don't you have a nopi store near you?

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX(x3)87LX(x1)86LXi(x1)
    I'm looking for a strut for an 88lx(carbed) mine is giving the sqeak of death and it's driving me nuts ( might be the damm ball joint but I can't get it to stop, even with liberal wd-40 ) I'm totally lame on bad strut diagnosis having been spared that bit of fun until now. For the standard application, I can use a suggestion on brand, unless somebody has one laying around.

Vehicle
    No Nopi shop in this town there mighty be on in Atlanta though, I don't know??(IF ANYONE DOES KNOW PLEASE POST ADDRESS OR PN. #)

All i have in my city is VERY overpriced private owned performance shops.
    I went to a couple of them pricing H4 conversion kit. The cheapest quote i got was $180.00 w/o bulbs! Went to Advance Auto picked them up for $72.00 w/o bulbs APC brand. Damn Shame!!!!

I thunk I might have to swallow my fears and do on line shopping. The fact that I don't have a credit card is waht has stopped me before. Do you have to have all the time? Can u use Money order or something else?
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    I'd be real surprised if any of the places I mentioned would not deal with anyone who needs to pay by money order. Just call them and tell them what you want and get the total, including shipping.

Vehicle
    YA there are six Nopi stores in my state 3 of them an hour away!!!

!!Nopi!! :super: :super:

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Yeah I thought so, I just knew nopi had several locations in GA, glad to here their close to you, cool!:super:

BTW since it's nope we are dealing with. They list Bilstein sports for our cars. This is totally false, wrong, wrong wrong!!! They have never ever been avaible for our cars. Bilstein only offers the H.D. model. And they suck! I pulled them off my car!
    Last edited by Jims 86LXI HB; 05-04-2002 at 10:00 PM.