Thread: engine mod list. nething missing?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi

engine mod list. nething missing?

This is what I plan to have done to my engine for seans turbo setup. What should I do for the valve train? I know sean said stock is good up to 7G rpm, but what are some upgrades I can do? Please tell me if u think there is a better setup or if I am missing something!

Block work- (bored 30 over, honed, deburred, & vatted)= $400
    Diamond pistons-(30 over)= $500
    Eagle rods= $400
    Colt Cam= $150
    Adj. cam gear= $150
    Head work-(not exactly sure what I should do, ne suggestions? I want a daily driver, so seans custom head is out of the ?.)= $???
    Throttle body-(Which is better and cheaper, JG or the B-series?)= $???
    Fuel Pump= $200
    Fuel Reg= $150
    Injectors= $300
    Sean's Gm Ecm= $675
    Spec Flywheel= $330
    Spec Stg III clutch= $400
    AZracemachine H-2 LSD= $225(not sure where to get this, but haven't checked it out thoroughly yet either)
    Turbo-(Haven't decided on model, I want atleast 20psi. Suggestions??)= $700 +or-
    Exhaust manifold-(Having one fabbed, not sure on price yet)= $???
    FMIC= $250
    All piping= $250 +or-
    BOV= $150
    -------------------
    Total = $5230(w/o Head work, TB, & Manifold)

WHAT AM I MISSING??
    "I SEE" said the blind man to the deaf dog.

Local honda tech got sent off to the air force. If u want something done u just have to do it urself! Having the engine rebuilt.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Sean's bad-ass head. See his thread in this section on real top-end work or something to that effect. And make sure you get the "turbo" grind when you get your cam done. The exhaust manifold will be included in the turbo kit. You can get a j/y turbo and a rebuild kit for less than $700. The $250 for piping (I'm assuming charge pipes for the turbo setup) will not be necessary if you get the whatever stage Sean kit. Go with a B-series intake manifold and then you can use straight bolt-on fuel/intake parts ie injectors/rail/reg/TB. The l33t TB is probably the Spoon 70mm if you want to trump everyone else numerically but any aftermarket TB would probably do. Hmm that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm going to pass out now.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Balance the crankshaft and lighten the flywheel. That should smooth it out a bit and rev up and down quicker.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Well everything looks good on your list but the most you can safely bore the A20 is over .20 but another thing that would help is an upgraded ignition/coil.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi
    I thought Sean said with his head the car is pretty much a racer & not a daily driver? What will the colt mild triflow do for the turbo setup or should I get the Wild grind? Thanks for the info guys! NE thing else?
    "I SEE" said the blind man to the deaf dog.

Local honda tech got sent off to the air force. If u want something done u just have to do it urself! Having the engine rebuilt.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    yeah seans head will not be good for a daily driver. Your prices are pretty high on some stuff, but it looks pretty good. check out my list in my sig i started a while ago.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    umm the head would be ok with proper cam selection. theres some fucking cam rocker issues right now that im trying to work out. very agervating
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    hey sean, are you building a full blown race car or are you going to keep it street? That would be cool if it was race only and you started to compete.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Just go with a mild port job on the head and mild cam 3000-7000 range and it will still be comfortable to drive on the streets. With a wild cam it will not idle low and would be pretty much race only.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    um im building both. im going for low 9's high 8's with one car and low 11's to high 10's with the street car.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM