Vehicle
    87 LX
    Quote Originally Posted by dillirk
    A blocked EGR improves low end?
    Yup, Top end too.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord SEi
    Now that I think about it that makes sense. The EGR dilutes the oxygen with exhaust gasses to reduce detonation. It also does something with emissions but im not sure what. Without it your getting more oxygen per volume.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..
    The egr adds an inert gas, exhaust, to the intake air to reduce peak combustion temperatures which reduces the formation of oxides of nitrogen. What are oxides of nitrogen? Oxides of nitrogen bake in the sun and result in the air you breathe looking like it does over L.A. Blocking the egr doesn't really do anything for performance, because it only operates under relatively high manifold vacuum anyway, (not under acceleration). And if you guys want to see the perfect intake, the AEBS typhoon, check out my "in progress pic". I painted it blue to match my charge air pipe. If you want to use an intake manifold that does not have a provision for the egr and keep your computer from showing a code, you could leave the whole egr valve connected to the lift sensor, vacuum line and stock computer but not connected to anything else. This way the egr wouldn't do anything, but the valve would still move and the lift sensor would indicate that to the computer, and you wouldn't have any trouble.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Yea the EGR isn't going to give you big gains casue of how it operates, but I brought up that stuff for that it helps a lot with throttle responce.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1992 Acura Integra
    Sorry to take over the thread but this has to do with a B16, would it be worth it to switch out stock fuels and injectors¿
    "Popup headlights the pinnacle of 80's technology"
    Ram air intake bored out throttle body MSD Blaster coil Advanced ignition Ported Head with 3angle valve job and shaved Delta 260 cam Pacesetter header 2.25inch exhaust Mallory Hyfire 6

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Quote Originally Posted by mag_pbg
    Sorry to take over the thread but this has to do with a B16, would it be worth it to switch out stock fuels and injectors¿
    Its not worth doing unless your injectors are bad or you have allready done some modifications. I would reccomend upgrading them only if you have an intake, full new exaughst including a header and an ignition upgrade. There is no point in slamming more fuel into the cylinder if you are not flowing more air than stock.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    This is the aftermarket B16 that you want to get........
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Has anyone used this yet? What are the mods that need to be made to get it to fit?

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Matt told me about the mani and he swears up and down about it being the best intake for the money, good hp and tq increase. He just wishes he could use it on his GSR head but he used in on a B20 swap in his friends civic I belive.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    *edit*

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Well, the modification is going to be just like installing any other b16 mani. to a A20 head, which means that it takes some time to get everything all cut up and grinded correctly.... Listen to me when I tell you that this is not a one day job.... There are How-to's floating around here from Justin and myself that explain everything you'll need to know and do....

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Stock Intake VS Edelbrock

Well, I just wanted to whou you a quick picture of a stock upper plenum from an 88-89 Accord intake compared to the JG Edelbrock intake manifold.

As you can see, the Edelbrock plenum is longer than the A20A plenum WITH the tb attached to it.

I will take mode pictures but all I can say is that it will be one of the best engine upgrades I did.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    Traded in: 1988 Accord LX New car: 04 Jetta GLI
    wow that thing looks huge, how much power do you expect to gain?
    Kevin

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Hey take a look at induction tuning... http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeA...tech/index.cfm

It's in PDF format, but it gives info on tuning the length of you intake after the TB.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    yeah did you get some good power gains?
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    His car is stored so i doubt he tried it yet. I want to get mine soon with the TB and sensors to complete everything.

Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    Well, I just wanted to whou you a quick picture of a stock upper plenum from an 88-89 Accord intake compared to the JG Edelbrock intake manifold.

As you can see, the Edelbrock plenum is longer than the A20A plenum WITH the tb attached to it.

I will take mode pictures but all I can say is that it will be one of the best engine upgrades I did.

Because?

wp

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Larger plenum... more upper rpm power... straighter runners...
    ???
    - llia

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Yup that's it!

The A20A intake sucks balls. It was designes to give the largest amount of low end torque. Especially for the 88-89 model since it has IAB. The IAB also helps top end power butthe small plenum isn't up to par with a performance engine. The OEM intake is fine with a Stock A20A but like I said a few times, that intake just chokes my B20A. I don't know why did Honda install those intakes.

On a rolling start in 1st gear, the tires lose traction as soon as my IAB opens until I reach the rev limit (7200).

Some experiences were made with a B20A5 which is similar to the B20A construction wise. A ported B20A5 intake manifold, mated with a TB spacer and a 60mm TB gave an increase of 24 hp on the dyno..... and that was just with a stock ported intake. You keep the same plenum and runner shape.

So, I'm confident I will get at least 10 hp.... I'm very conservative when it comes into HP numbers. Once I get the car dyno tuned, we'll see if it is really worth it. Oh, I'll also need a header I guess. Better breating means you also got to the exhaust out of the engine fast.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    Yup that's it!

The A20A intake sucks balls. It was designes to give the largest amount of low end torque. Especially for the 88-89 model since it has IAB. The IAB also helps top end power butthe small plenum isn't up to par with a performance engine. The OEM intake is fine with a Stock A20A but like I said a few times, that intake just chokes my B20A. I don't know why did Honda install those intakes.

On a rolling start in 1st gear, the tires lose traction as soon as my IAB opens until I reach the rev limit (7200).

Some experiences were made with a B20A5 which is similar to the B20A construction wise. A ported B20A5 intake manifold, mated with a TB spacer and a 60mm TB gave an increase of 24 hp on the dyno..... and that was just with a stock ported intake. You keep the same plenum and runner shape.

So, I'm confident I will get at least 10 hp.... I'm very conservative when it comes into HP numbers. Once I get the car dyno tuned, we'll see if it is really worth it. Oh, I'll also need a header I guess. Better breating means you also got to the exhaust out of the engine fast.

I was kinda looking for 1/4 mile times or maybe dyno runs. I'm kinda picky that way. So 10 more hp burns the tires huh. I figure we needed more than that.

wp

motoracer
    honda overcompensated for the increased weight of our accord chassis, building it for low end torque oh well i like burning the tires in the rain goin into 2nd gear and being able to mash the throttle at 2500rpm and not bog...my 15psi turbocoupe has a harder time going up hills and taking off...

Vehicle
    '87 Carbed Hatch(RIP), 88 FI sedan w/ power group, '73 Jag w/ 350lump
    Damn you and your B20! I'm so jealous.....
    damn the shitty aftermarket on our biatches' stock A20s
    By the way, I love the way that thing looks... you'd better get it on there and get some pics up for us to drool over....
    The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard;
    And the stupid people are breeding......

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluebead

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    So is that justins manifold or you bought a new one?
    - llia

Vehicle
    A20A3T

intake mani?

Sorry cant find it the answer. Are B16 and b18a intake manis the same?
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I think they have some differences because im looking at the BBK B18C1 and it dont have the water jacket port like the B16A does. Im gonna check the bolt patter when im at the parts store to verify the ports line up before i order mine.