Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Accord in my shop

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX

Accord in my shop

Not quite a 3g, but a 5g.
    A friend of mine brought his car into the shop this weekend to have all the dents removed, bumpers molded, door handles molded, and complete paint, here's the first day

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX

Only has intake and exhaust on his auto, but H22a is coming next month

He has 19s, but he put these 15s on for the weekend.
    Stay tuned for tomorrow's pics, should spray the basecoat if everything goes right.
    And a few pics of my car and my cousin's car

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    so tell me again why your on un employment? u have a shop right? man u can make hella money off of that!

anywayz nice civic

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Hey kicker1_solo,
    Go the self employed route, you can make some serious cash with custom cars. If I am ever in Wa I will have to drop by and let you do some of your magic on my car. I love your work! I can't wait to see the results.
    ------------------

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    Originally posted by blazin3gen
    so tell me again why your on un employment? u have a shop right? man u can make hella money off of that!

anywayz nice civic
    This is a weekend hobby, not a full time business. Let's keep that out of this forum though, don't want another war going on in here.

And come on by anytime you want kroy.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Thanks for the offer.
    Weekend hobbies can turn into big money. My friends dad worked as a car salseman for years going nowhere. He invested $1000 into making bottled water on weekends back in the mid 80s before it got trendy. Ten years later he was a millionaire. He now races his BMW Z3 in the SCCA. He drives around in a Caddy SUV that he calls "My Beater" He was able to retire at the ripe old age of 45.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    not to start or continue a second war.....but damn! start this as your buisness! obviously you are good at what you do and obviously it will pay the bills.

and damn. thats a lot of bondo.

-Travis-

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    Originally posted by 3g Jester
    not to start or continue a second war.....but damn! start this as your buisness! obviously you are good at what you do and obviously it will pay the bills.

and damn. thats a lot of bondo.
    once again, this is a small town and this doesn't happen very often, not enough to pay the bills anyways. We'll open up full time someday and this will be my job, but until then.......

And there's fiberglass under all the bondo just so you know. Bondo is the very last body filler we use.

Vehicle
    94 Ex accord 5spd (coupe)
    bro if i ever need body work on my 5th gen i'm callin you up that looks great

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    I have a few complaints about what the owner wants to do, just a disagreement in taste is all though. I suggested that we shave the line that runs all the way along the trunk but he didn't want to. I think the front bumper is ugly, and he needs to get his exhaust redone, he's gonna end up melting his bumper lol.

Vehicle
    94 Ex accord 5spd (coupe)
    ya i was gonna say the exhaust looks a little funny

Vehicle
    97 f-150, 1989 accord dx (broke), 91 lx wagon
    i like it...i don't think the fb looks that bad actually
    dylan
    1991 honda accord lx
    rockin the SOHC again for now
    h23/vtec in the works.

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    The bumper doesn't look that bad, but the exhaust needs to at least be moved over. I would go with a much nicer looking muffler also, but I guess that's just personal taste and I supposed the nicer rolled in mufflers don't sound quite as loud.

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    I see that u put ur old wheels on the civic haha......looks good man...real good..sweet idea...forgot that u had ur civic......and thats an awesome 5th gen....id liek to ask a ? tho...what if he seriously cracked the kit?? What if he has to put on a new one??? Do u like try to take off most off the kit and bondo back to perfection?

Accord of the Year - 2006

Originally posted by kicker1_solo
    I have a few complaints about what the owner wants to do, just a disagreement in taste is all though. I suggested that we shave the line that runs all the way along the trunk but he didn't want to. I think the front bumper is ugly, and he needs to get his exhaust redone, he's gonna end up melting his bumper lol.
    The customer is always right.

If thats what they're paying you to do thats what you have to do. Yo can always make suggestions but ultimately its his car and his style.

Not going to make any money if you tell him his bumper selection is ugly, even though it might be.

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    Originally posted by iloveJDMblackrims69
    what if he seriously cracked the kit?? What if he has to put on a new one??? Do u like try to take off most off the kit and bondo back to perfection?
    If he cracks it then we refiberglas it, bondo, then paint again. He's going to have blue pearl flames on the front which will be REALLY hard to fix the paint if he does crack it, so we're just hoping he doesn't.

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    I left early yesterday and while I was gone my cousin got the car primed, so here's pics from today

then we masked off the interior and sprayed color on the door jams, inside the gas door, the trunk, and underside of the hood, we're not doing the engine bay because he's going to wait until he pulls the motor to drop a H22a in there, we'll paint it then.

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX

this is after the inside paint dried

we then sprayed the side skirts

then came the color

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX

once we got the outside sprayed, we then cleared the door jams and other underside pieces.

I wasn't feeling good so I went home early, but tonight my cousin should be painting the blue pearl flames. Sorry that I won't get any pics of them being drawn out and painted, but I'll be sure to get some pics of it tomorrow.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    eek! you should use a respirator!
    I like what you did with the door handles, I dont think I have seen that before. Do you think that with the consent movement of those and the fact that they are plastic, that you would have problems with the seems cracking?

Banned
    Vehicle
    2000 Civic LX
    Originally posted by 2old_honda
    eek! you should use a respirator!
    I like what you did with the door handles, I dont think I have seen that before. Do you think that with the consent movement of those and the fact that they are plastic, that you would have problems with the seems cracking?
    This paint isn't too bad, but when we do the clear coat it's a must. My cousin did the door handles on his civic and on a very cold night one of them cracked, but the driver's door hasn't had any problems even though it's the one that gets used the most. He said he always keeps this in his garage, so hopefully it won't get below freezing levels and crack.

Vehicle
    88 Accord
    too bad they arent metal, you could weld them in.

Vehicle
    2000 ACCORD LX/ bro- 02 CIVIC EX
    morepics!!!!!! this is awesome lol

how much would it cost to remove dents and paint my crx???
    and maybe make the front end a little bit neater

Re: Accord in my shop

Originally posted by kicker1_solo

Could you find out what kind of muffler that is? that muffler is the shit; nice and centered and pointing down! danm. Me wants one

Nice job man. I wouldn't mind having you guys do all the body work for my teg. Are you in DC or State?
    Maurice