Thread: Ceramic vs Stainless Steel Header

Vehicle
    2000 Integra GS-R, 1988 Accord LX-i

Question Ceramic vs Stainless Steel Header

Ok, so Im almost done ordering parts for my b18c1, and I am looking for a good header. I have choosen to go w/ DC sports, however Im looking to find what exactly the difference between stainless steel and ceramic is power wise, if there is any difference at all. If it is just looks, then I will get the ceramic one since its nearly $100 difference.
    - Matt

Vehicle
    Oh and also: 4-2-1 or 4-1? I would think 4-1 but I could be mistaken.
    - Matt

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    why start 2 threads? might as well ask em both in one thread....

ceramic coated headers are usually normal steel thats been coated with ceramic to help keep the integrity of the steel in good shape so it won't rust/burn out. Stainless headers are more durable and can handle the wear and tear better. depending on the brand, and style 4-2-1 and 4-1 headers perform differently. I believe that 4-1 headers are normall used for race applications because they don't provide as much back pressure like 4-2-1's do which helps a motor that isnt built to the hilt. There is a thread talking more about them somewhere. I think it was discussed in a20's thread about him making custom headers.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Also it come down to looks. People with get the stainless steel just because they look better then the ceramic. Performance wise you really will not see a big difference, but it would probably be best to go with 4-2-1
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    if u got a b18c1 ur planning on racing. dont pussy out. just get the race manifold! heheheh 4-1 baby!

Vehicle
    Originally posted by NXRacer
    why start 2 threads? might as well ask em both in one thread....

ceramic coated headers are usually normal steel thats been coated with ceramic to help keep the integrity of the steel in good shape so it won't rust/burn out. Stainless headers are more durable and can handle the wear and tear better. depending on the brand, and style 4-2-1 and 4-1 headers perform differently. I believe that 4-1 headers are normall used for race applications because they don't provide as much back pressure like 4-2-1's do which helps a motor that isnt built to the hilt. There is a thread talking more about them somewhere. I think it was discussed in a20's thread about him making custom headers.
    Ok, I have done much reseaching, and searching on this site, and I have decided to make a seperate thread about it! 4-1 vs 4-2-1 for the b18c1 that is.
    - Matt