Thread: Headers, SR intake or Rims?

LX User

Headers, SR intake or Rims?

Hey i dont know what i should do i was thinking i could get some 14" rims or i could get a pacesetter 4-2-1 header and Short Ram intake. Please help me out on what i should do. Thanks
    Tuner for life!
    Shadowz Car & Truck Club
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SE-i coupe
    Start with the short ram if you want performance. Headers can wait until you can locate a set of DC's. There are too many testimonials of the poor construction of Pacesetter headers.
    My collection: Stay tuned! (04/02/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    glorious!

imagine a beowulf cluster of tho... oh wait... its sabz. how is the beowulf cluster of myth boxen treating you?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    Rims should come first.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Negative performance before show. Get the intake then some headers. If you want Pacesetter then get them. I have them and there is no way I'm paying 3x as much for a name.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

1988starter
    I am never buying pacesetter again there stainless cat is rusting ther muffler on the catback rattled sense day one I replaced it with a dynomax and their hewader fell apart on me and cracked

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Well I painted my entire exhaust system with a ceramic paint to hlpw with the heat and any rust.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    headers headers headers u will get more power, then when u get intake u will be taking advantage. actually, get intake and headers, they can both be had for muuuuuch cheaper than decent 15" rims without tires...

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    Originally posted by Justin86
    Well I painted my entire exhaust system with a ceramic paint to hlpw with the heat and any rust.
    That will help with the outer surface rust but exhaust systems almost always rust from the inside out. Good try though, it should at least help with the heat it gives off.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    Originally posted by danronian
    exhaust systems almost always rust from the inside out.
    That trips me out about exhaust systems. They'll ceramic coat the shit out of it or make it out of Stainless. That's great for the outside but like you said, the inside is what needs the attention. I don't know why they don't line the inside of exhaust piping, especially headers, with teflon. Flow wouldn't be a problem b/c teflon is smooth as a baby's ass. If anything, it might help flow. We use PTFE lined pipe & valves here at the plant for corrosive fluids. Exhaust vapor, especially if mixed with water vapor is extremly corrosive.

Maybe I should go get a mandrel pipe bender and start making PTFE lined headers & piping.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

1988starter
    Originally posted by Dibbie
    That trips me out about exhaust systems. They'll ceramic coat the shit out of it or make it out of Stainless. That's great for the outside but like you said, the inside is what needs the attention. I don't know why they don't line the inside of exhaust piping, especially headers, with teflon. Flow wouldn't be a problem b/c teflon is smooth as a baby's ass. If anything, it might help flow. We use PTFE lined pipe & valves here at the plant for corrosive fluids. Exhaust vapor, especially if mixed with water vapor is extremly corrosive.

Maybe I should go get a mandrel pipe bender and start making PTFE lined headers & piping.
    DC sports coats both the inside and outside with ceramic stuff

LX User
    All right guyz i bought an intake today for a 92-95 civic so im gonna need some pionters for it o and the next think im probably going to get is the rims just to update the exterior a tad but thats probably all i'll do to the exterior besides lowering it and some small Misc stuff.
    Tuner for life!
    Shadowz Car & Truck Club
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX hatchback
    i did a 92-95 civic intake on my accord but i got a carb, but look in the search theres pics of mine posted i chopped a few inches off the filter end and stuff pointing towards the coil corner of the engine bay, works good too

oh yeah man what body kit is on that hatch on ur site? i got a hatch lowered and i want a body kit!!!
    its not how fast you go, its how fast you get going.

DX User
    Vehicle
    98 Subaru Outback (But saving for another 3g)
    Go proformance first. I can't respect a car that could be called "all show, no go."
    Admiral

PUNK IS: a belief that this world is what we make of it, truth comes from our understanding of the way things are, not from the blind adherence to prescriptions about the way things should be. --Greg Graffin of Bad Religion