Thread: 1987 Accord LX-i Hatchback for sale

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX-i Hatchback (light blue)

1987 Accord LX-i Hatchback for sale

1987 Honda Accord Hatchback LX-i. 119,000 miles. Blue exterior with Blue Interior. Automatic transmission. Built in Japan in December of 1986.

Asking $1,500.

I'm in Fishkill, NY - zip code 12524. I'll travel to Long Island if that's convenient for you. The car has a clean NY title, and Will pass NY emissions tests. Don't take my word - check the Carfax report. The VIN is JHMCA5486HC048828

I've owned the car since May of 2000. I'm the second owner, and I purchased it from Huntington Honda with 60,837 miles. The car is completely stock. I haven't done any modifications other than replacing some minor interior pieces from other junked Accords (clock, cruise control master switch, etc.) The owner's manual is included.

The exterior is in pretty good shape. There is some minor rust around ther rear driver's side wheel well, and there are some spots on the front passenger side fender from where the prior owner spilled battery acid. The front bumper has a few spots where the paint is peeling. Other than that, the car looks pretty good. The interior looks much better than the car's age would suggest. The exterior is pretty nice as well. It's never been involved in an accident, so all the body panels and molding are intact.

I've replaced various things on the car as necessary. All the fluids are in good shape. I had the brake fluid and transmission fluid changed recently. I've been putting Mobil 1 synthetic oil into the engine for at least the last 40k miles. The rear right upper control arm was recently replaced. The front rotors are fairly new, and the tires are in good shape (they're Cooper Sportmaster GT if you care).

All the interior switches and gauges in the car work. The air conditioning works fine.

It's got power windows and power mirrors. Power locks weren't an option on this model, so it only has manual locks. It has intermittent front windshield wipers, and there is also a rear wiper.

It has 50-50 flip down rear seats - there is a lot of cargo room in the back. I've managed to fit everything from furniture to a barbecue grill in there.

My email address is agiorgio (at) optonline (dot) net.

I also have the Honda factory shop manual in mint condition - let me know if you're interested.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 11-02-2003 at 02:59 PM.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX (Sold), '94 Buick LeSabre "The Tank", '86 Lxi New Project
    beautiful, my old man used to lieutenant at fishkill in the 80's, real nice car its worth 1500 definately

DX User
    Vehicle
    Bump to the top.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe
    Holy lurkers Batman!

That thing looks hella clean and well maintained. If it were in Indy...

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    i gave the link to a friend

-Travis-

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    I guess great minds think alike
    I guess they do. I didn't realize you belonged to the board. Hope you sell the car.

DX User
    Vehicle
    I've been a member of 3geez for a long time. I remember when we were still on EZboard (the FIRST EZboard). That was a long time ago - I don't have as much time to come by as I used to.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Nighthawk
    I've been a member of 3geez for a long time. I remember when we were still on EZboard (the FIRST EZboard). That was a long time ago - I don't have as much time to come by as I used to.
    I was on EZ Board as well! Back about 99 I believe. MUCH better now. You sold your car yet? It looks so good man.

DX User
    Vehicle
    Nope...someone was interested, but they couldn't get the funding.

DX User
    Vehicle
    Anyone interested? She's still for sale.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    You oughta post pics of the interior and maybe what maintenance has been done to it. Man, I would so love to have a HB again... NY isn't near Indy though. If shipping was cheap, I'd def. think about it.

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    that is funny! there is a place called fishkill!

i am sooo fuckin stupid!
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord