Thread: jiggly headlight

Vehicle
    Black 1989 LX-I Coupe and 2000 EX V6 coupe

jiggly headlight

when my lights are on I can see it moving on the car in front of me when I am stopped, and it moves freely when I press on it. I have tried to tighten everything around but I can't seem to find that magical bolt/screw. Ideas and pics are welcome, thanks!
    Check my cardomain for sale items! Cardomain

Vehicle
    87 LX
    That is weird. There are only 4 screws holding it in place. And two more for adjustment. You may have the wrong size lights installed. Is it one or both of the lights?
    ------------------

Well it could be a few things. Your headlight mechanism that moves it up and down could be loose. Try jiggling the entire thing, and lifting on it. If it moves, there is a 10mm bolt on the side facing the fender. It is between the headlight mechanism and the fender, and there's only like a 1/2inch gap if that. Just slide a c-wrench style 10mm wrench and tighten the bolt that the mechanism turns on.

It could also be that the headlight itself is loose. Take off the black plastic housing around the light and pull and push on the headlight. If it moves on the sides the two adjusting screws are on, try adjusting one of them so the headlight has sort of an anchor to stop moving.

It could also be that the spring in one of the upper corners is gone, loose, or not installed correctly. If you don't see it, that is your problem. There has to be a little spring in I think the upper left corner or upper right. This pulls the headlight tight to the headlight mechanism. If you have it and it seems loose, find a tie wrap or something to secure the light to the housing. If you don't have the spring, just find something to pull the headlight tight to the housing, like wire, a spring, tie wrap, whatever.

Vehicle
    Black 1989 LX-I Coupe and 2000 EX V6 coupe
    it's the whole mechanism, not the lamp itself. I found there was a 12mm bolt missing from a mount, and that stopped it from being able to move while it's up, but it still moves when it's down
    Check my cardomain for sale items! Cardomain