Thread: help!! i need to know if i can swap??

LX User
    Vehicle
    '88 accord lx-i, 88 mercury cougar 5.0 (soon to be H.O.) 94' Pontiac Grand-am GT 3400 v6 swap soon!

help!! i need to know if i can swap??

is there any engine swap if any that i could do to my 88 honda accord lxi??

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    B16, B18 with new engine mounts and some other stuff. the mounts itself will cost you about $550-600, wirring harness, and don't forget new axels too. you are looking for over $1000 for just the conversion. Add to that the price of the engine and the tranny ( i don't know how much they are).
    For the price of the swap you can add turbo to your stock engine and be happy. do a search for TURBO on the board.
    Alex.

LX User
    Vehicle
    '88 accord lx-i, 88 mercury cougar 5.0 (soon to be H.O.) 94' Pontiac Grand-am GT 3400 v6 swap soon!
    what engine do i do a turbo search for?? im sorry im really new!

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    Look in the performance section and go from there, topns of info. Or better yet use the search button in the upper right corner

LX User
    Vehicle
    im really sorry for sounding stupid but i kinda really need to kno what engine is in my 88 accord lxi

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Holy crap. I am too damn hungover to handle this one.Three beers at lunch and you will feel great like me.

Here we go.
    If you are in the usa the easiest to swap is another engine would be from the carbureated to the feul injected version of the A20/BT/BS engine. You can also just swap the fuel injection on a carbureated engine for half the cost of a full swap.

You can also get a DOHC B20 engine inported from Japan. The B20 has 160hp and about 145 ft/lbs of torque. It was offered over there in Accords in the same years witch makes it an easier swap than the next.

The B16 engines are is in 90s Civics (SI, SIR,SIR II, Type R, and the Del Sol Dhoc Vtec.
    Integra B18 (RS, LS, GS, GSR, Type R).
    CRV B20, it is NOT the same as the one I mentioned before.
    These engines are nice. All Doch, some have VTEC, mostly the newer ones. They are not chap. Expect to pay from 3 to 10Gs with this one. You need a Place Racing, aka PRI, swap kit. they are about a grand. Then you can pay anywhere from 600 to 5,000 for just then engine. Then there is the tranny, clutch, wiring, intake, exaughst, fuel system, suspension upgrades so you do not wreck, rims, tires, GIANT WING, bodyykit, paintjob, seatcovers, fake hood pins, 6 inch exaughst, custom lighting all around, stereo how could I put that last that has to be the first thing in any car, tint, lots of stickers, NOS, Turbo, short throw shifter.

I hope you got a lot of cash man.

Use the search buton. there is lots of good info here.

But what do i know, I am just the local post whore.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    the easiest way to find info about turbo is look in my sig!!
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing