Thread: "Z MAX" as seen on TV

Vehicle
    '86 Accord LX - Black

"Z MAX" as seen on TV

i was up late one night and saw an info show on Z MAX. Z MAX comes with 3 bottles, 1) for the engine 2) for the gas tank 3) for the transmission. it looked like something really cool. they said it regains HP in your car. it makes your car run cleaner, and gives you better gas mileage. i saw it in my local auto part store too.

has anyone seen this product before? does it work? regains HP? cleans the engine? better gas mileage...

???
    H4 Headlight Housing
    6000k HID Conversion Kit
    Strobe Light Kit in City Light Housing
    Clear Corner Signal Lamps
    Tinted Bumper Signal Lamps
    Hyper-White Reverse Lamps

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

Dont buy that shit!

Hey man,
    Dont buy that shit, do your research on it first, thats why you dont see it on TV anymore. It actually causes ball bearing corosion from what I read and its useless. If you want a good product for throttle body cleaning or fuel injection cleaning, go with the BG44K service, you can find some on ebay at times but Honda always offers this service. I was going to look into buying it, but not now!
    Jay
    Night Rida:badass:

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I asked about that stuff about 1 1/2 years ago on this board too. The response I got was it does help a bit of but not like how they say it will on TV. But I don't think anyone from back then is still with us. I was going to give it a try ($60 CAD) but never really got around to it. By the way, do we even have ball bearings in the engine and fuel system??
    www.b20accord.com

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I did a search on one of the other boards I visit and found this : http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.htm I guess the FTC is a government agency so it must be reliable?? (sorry, I live up in Canada so I'm not too sure). And I guess it was bearings as in main bearnings and not ball bearings.
    www.b20accord.com

ya, you definately don't want those to go bad!
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    Accord Aerodeck 2.0 EX 1986
    What is Z MAX?

Accord of the Year - 2006

They are engine additives. Fuel injection cleaner, oil tratment. and tranny treatment.

All of which are supposed to clean, lubricate, and improve engine performance.

1988starter
    I tryed it and so did my friend joel it quited both of our engines down and gave us more power. Him more than me but I allready had a decently clean engine he also is now running valvoline max life in his car it his car seems to like that better 150,000 on the car.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

my bad

yah thats the article I read a while back before I bought the product! It was just bearings not ball bearings(I dont know what I was thinking?) But the government is tryng to shut it down now and I would not put the cheap shit in my baby! It might work for some and yah youll feel the difference but what about in the long run????? How will that affect your car then? That is why the gov't is trying to pull that shit out of the market! But if yall guys really want something that will work and is probably the best out there, then try BG44K! Look at the web site, http://www.bgprod.com/
    Honda does this service as well!
    Jay
    Night Rida:badass:
    Last edited by Night Rida; 06-25-2002 at 08:59 AM.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    FTC stands for Federal Trade Commission. I know because they have been riding my manager who has been riding me about "mandatory disclosures" in teleservices. Stupid bastards. And no it's not reliable just because it's a facet of government, although it is probably a safe bet they've done enough research to find that it isn't dangerous. They're normally concerned with public safety; whether or not the shit works is a different story.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    I try not to believe any of those "late night ads." BTW has anyone given a try of that tornado thingy. On the commercial they supposed show a 20+hp on an Impala SS, but come on now that is an impala and it already was equipped with an K&N FIPK.
    Carl

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    well, as i say, if you never tried this product don't say anything.
    i bought this shit a few weeks ago. well, they promiss increase in gas milege, BS. it is still the same.
    So i am gonna get my money back. It does absolutly nothing for our engines.
    My recomendation DON'T BUY IT. it is not worth it.
    Alex.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Are you talking about Z Max or the tornado? Or both?
    Carl

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    My local new station has some segment where they buy "Made for TV" products and tell the viewers the results.

They bought that tornado thing and had a shop install it on some SUV or something. Anyway, the results were like a .015 increase in HP, dynotested. The people at the shop were like, "This thing is worthless..."

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord lx-i
    I bought this stuff, foolishly, and then read about what crap it is. It is still unused in my room. Anybody want it?
    Driving the Accord
    Building the Hybrid EF