Thread: problems problems

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 LX-i HB

problems problems

I didn't want to make two threads so i'll just put my troubles it in one.

Lately my passenger's side headlight is having trouble popping up. The hood doesn't give it enough clearance so it gets stuck. It worked fine a month ago but now it won't even go up unless I open the hood.

Has anyone had this problem? It doesn't look like the hood is slipping down. I can't figure it out.

Also I have an oil leak and I don't know what its from. Here's a picture.

Is it just a gasket?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX 88 Accord LXi
    Not sure about the head light but I think it can be adjusted. The oil leak looks like it might be from the distributor o-ring.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    If anywhere else below the valve cover gasket is leaking it could be that also. THat is the same way mine looks and my valve cover is leaking. Try loosening the bolts that hold the hinges to the hood and push the hood a bit towards the windshield. I am not entirely sure if the hoods adjust this way but most other cars I have ever done this to could adjust this way. If they dont adjust on the hood you could also possibly adjust the hinges back a little bit. Just make sure the hood latches. If this doesnt help just keep the headlights up or put them up when the hood is opened.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord lxi 2 door coupe
    looks like the valve cover gasket to me, haven't had the problem with the hood but i too am pretty sure sure the headlights are adjustable
    worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    Mine had the same leak, I changed the dizzy O ring and the valve cover and its been dry ever since. Neither is very hard to do and theres a how to for adjusting tour valves you might want to check out wheile you have the valve cover off. I'll look into the headlight tonight I need to change my assembly. I'll let ya know if and how they adjust

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    You might be able to get 1/8-3/16 of an inch by pushing your hood back which might be enough to fix your problem. Also, where the assembly connects to the body you can adjust your pop-up assembly down juuust a smidge to provide clearance but not to look like it's sunken in. I'd try what danronian suggested first and loosen the hood at the hinges and push it back all the way back. I did this to my car when I had headlight alignment issues after hitting a deer and it helped a great bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

Actually, there are bolts that secure the headlight assemblies in the body. They can be loosened to adjust and align the headlight cover gaps. I have done that a couple of times after minor collisions.