Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N2O kicks ass!!

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Dude no one really cares. People are just trying to give you a hard time.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    stop using so many exclamation marks and nobody will give you a hard time!!
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle

So back to the topic what is the biggest shot we can do with out getting SEAN's ECU. I thing 100shot with the correct tuning and upgraded ignition and spark.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    you dont need seans ECU to run N2O anyway. If you can hook up with a good shop, they can get a pretty high shot running. PacWest here in salem and a really good tech who could tune your car right for 100 shot, but you'd have to pay for his time. With a new motor, you could run 75 without any adjustments and if you like to live dangerously, jump up to 100 and see what happens... I'd suggest getting at least an FPR if you go that high though just to compensate.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    1987 LXi
    I need Nawz lots of Nawz...

a Big ONE..

no make that two.
    3rd Gen Accord Shirts and Stuff
    Some of my Drawings
    85 IROC Z28,TPI 355ci,700r4, 9.4:1 Aluminum pistons, COMP CAMS street/strip hyd roller cam, HYE TECH ported/polished heads, HOOKER Longtubes, Full 3 inch exaust NO Cat, TPIS alum fuel pressure reg, ACCEL distributor, custom programed chip from Performance Resource, Competition Engineering shocks. 10/90 front 50/50 back. Eibach drag springs up front. Auburn posi. SLP cold air induction and airfoil.batt relocated w/ kill switch.Still on street tires (Kuhmos all around)SOLD
    87 IROC Z28, TPI 350ci, 700R4, 3.42 Posi, 4 wheel disk, Completely Stock (Wrecked)

1987 LXi 2.0 auto

Vehicle
    Originally posted by NXRacer
    you dont need seans ECU to run N2O anyway. If you can hook up with a good shop, they can get a pretty high shot running. PacWest here in salem and a really good tech who could tune your car right for 100 shot, but you'd have to pay for his time. With a new motor, you could run 75 without any adjustments and if you like to live dangerously, jump up to 100 and see what happens... I'd suggest getting at least an FPR if you go that high though just to compensate.
    Well at least a spin off of SEAN's ECU, bit I was thinking that 100+ shot you need to start looking into serious ECU work on top of the basics fuel, ignition, and tuning. I would be good with a 75 shot.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    You dont have to play with the ECU at all. Like i said before, my friend tuned a basically stock SI shooting 120shot of N.O.S. without any problems. It was all timing adjustments. He didnt touch the ECU. All in an afternoon.

it just takes the knowledge and time to get it right.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    You dont have to play with the ECU at all. Like i said before, my friend tuned a basically stock SI shooting 120shot of N.O.S. without any problems. It was all timing adjustments. He didnt touch the ECU. All in an afternoon.

it just takes the knowledge and time to get it right.
    I was thinking that the air/fuel ratio would need to be adjusted to handle big shots. I know you can adjust the fuel with a FPR but it doesn't seem right with out messing with the ECU so that it is aware of a big shot of n2o.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    its all about the timing. The stock MAP sensor will be able to compensate for the increased A/F intake. The A20 MAP sensor can handle stock up to to bars of boost so you can boost up to 9 lbs with the stock ECU. All you have to worry about is timing which can be done through an MSD ingition system. With the right person working on your car, you don't really need Seans ECU. His will work, but its not super necessary.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    pssssssssssssttt!!!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

Vehicle
    its all about the timing. The stock MAP sensor will be able to compensate for the increased A/F intake. The A20 MAP sensor can handle stock up to to bars of boost so you can boost up to 9 lbs with the stock ECU. All you have to worry about is timing which can be done through an MSD ingition system. With the right person working on your car, you don't really need Seans ECU. His will work, but its not super necessary.
    Ok so the map sensor can handle it, then the question is how does everyone save the money and tune it there self.
    Needed stuff
    MSD igniton or equilvent
    coil MSD or ACCEL
    bigger wires
    Spark plugs? I heard it helps
    Ignition/timing (tuning)= adj cam gear
    n2o big bottle
    what else???
    Last edited by Justin86; 11-20-2003 at 09:15 PM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Lxi Hatch<-Blown Up!! 96 civic coupe
    Its all good-If you are running that much N2o than you better make sure your drivetrain can handle it!!! My clutch grips all day long-but when i race at the track and alota times it cant grip. Im only running a 50 shot. I have bigger injectors that help alot too. That list you dont HAFTA have any of that!! It will help-The stuff you hafta do to spray wood be retard the timing a few degress, put colder plugs, and put the gap closed a bit!!! If you have a wet kit it is alot safer. Many people have run 75 shot on stock moter with intake and exhaust dry kit and still not have a problem-Good luck to all you fellow nitrous users
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    Originally posted by Justin86
    Ok so the map sensor can handle it, then the question is how does everyone save the money and tune it there self.
    Needed stuff
    MSD igniton or equilvent
    coil MSD or ACCEL
    bigger wires
    Spark plugs? I heard it helps
    Ignition/timing (tuning)= adj cam gear
    n2o big bottle
    what else???
    the size of the bottle doesnt matter.

Thats about it, but when you get all that stuff you need to find somebody who is able to tune your whole car correctly to get it to run w/out blowing up.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    Well I just threw in the the "big bottle" cause it sounds cool!
    Well everything there can be done your self you just need to know how to but the correct cam advance or retard. It probably would cost a good amount to have it done professionaly just because of the nature of what you are doing eventhough if is pretty simple. But I can understand having it done cause of the precission part of it.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    if you want i can hook you up with my buddy who's a whiz and tuning. it wont cost too much but you'll have to come up here. I have a friend who knows a bunch of guys in roseburg who might be able to help you out too, but i dont know how good they are at tuning cars and stuff. You best bet that i know of is my guy up here.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    if you want i can hook you up with my buddy who's a whiz and tuning. it wont cost too much but you'll have to come up here. I have a friend who knows a bunch of guys in roseburg who might be able to help you out too, but i dont know how good they are at tuning cars and stuff. You best bet that i know of is my guy up here.
    Well that is something I might want to look into, thanks

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Lx-i
    The stuff you hafta do to spray wood be retard the timing a few degress
    i've heard of nitrous spray, propane spray for a diesel, hell, even water injection on some cars, but wood?? this is just getting rediculous!
    Mods thus far:
    94-00 GSR intake pipe
    Custom ground cam
    Custom Catback
    Matrix springs w/ tokico blues
    17"American Racing estrellas
    Tinted windows
    Clear Bumper Lenses
    2 1/4" Catback exhaust w/ OBX muffler

Vehicle
    I think he ment to say "would" not "wood".

LX User
    Vehicle
    yes i did!!
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord lxi 2 door coupe
    its not the size of the bottle it's the jet, and the only thing i think is actually necessary is colder smaller gapped plugs, the cars i helped install nirtrous we used ngk 1 degree colder, that was on a 96 integ GSR and a eclipse spider
    worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere

Vehicle
    88 Mugen Accord
    sorry to break the flow of this thread, but the first 2 pages make this the greatest thread EVER hahaha, but yeah n20 sounds pretty sweet, too bad i'm too skurred to do it myself, but maybe someday after i'm done with all the upgrades i want
    "Accord"........we are one........

Vehicle
    Originally posted by original2k
    sorry to break the flow of this thread, but the first 2 pages make this the greatest thread EVER hahaha, but yeah n20 sounds pretty sweet, too bad i'm too skurred to do it myself, but maybe someday after i'm done with all the upgrades i want
    :lol :lol :lol
    Wait I'm too wasted to thing straight and drive but I can still post!
    :lol :lol :lol

LX User
    Vehicle
    My buddys sohc civic with some light port and polish work went 14.9 at bradington this weekend and i raced him and stuck side by side till we stoped about 110!!! With a good clutch and 60' i have no doubt that it will go 14.9!! IWith a shitty run i still pulled 90mph!!! dont be afraid-SPRAY THE PISS OUT OF IT!!!!

Vehicle
    That is pretty damn good for a 50shot. I just need to save up the money for my n2o.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Ya its well worth the money!! The NX wet kit is what you should kit! Its great. Some dont understand how much 50hp at wheels will do to a car!!