Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: N2O kicks ass!!

Vehicle
    87 LX
    I certinly understand what 50 HP does, thats the gain on my last cam swap. Not on the 3G of course.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Originally posted by Kevin
    Ya its well worth the money!! The NX wet kit is what you should kit! Its great. Some dont understand how much 50hp at wheels will do to a car!!
    Yea and I'm going to be crazy and go with a 75 or 100shot. N2o on the brain.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Lxi Hatch<-Blown Up!! 96 civic coupe
    Hell ya!! If you get a wet kit and you jet enuff fuel you can hold a 75 at least easily. Just make sure retard the timesing about 3or4 degress when running 75 or 100!!
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers

Vehicle
    Originally posted by Kevin
    Hell ya!! If you get a wet kit and you jet enuff fuel you can hold a 75 at least easily. Just make sure retard the timesing about 3or4 degress when running 75 or 100!!
    Yea I was talking to NXRacer about it and he is going to hook me up with a kit and he knows a good place where I can get my engine tuned to perfection.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX
    Gonna cheat and run some juice Justin. Haha I would to if I could trust my car to hold up.

Vehicle
    Yea my engine is pretty fresh I just hope that my clutch will hold that much juice.

On a side note Kroy you are a post whore.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Originally posted by Justin86
    On a side note Kroy you are a post whore.
    Oh god lets not start that again. All I need is a little push.

But anyways I have actually been thinking about N20 lately. I came across an old NOS 4bbl fogger setup for $50 with the bottle. I now have to find a comlete beater to blow up. If only I could get that $100 rust bucket from Michigan..
    ------------------

Vehicle
    That would be a good car or just start collecting extra parts and a engine & tranny like I have been doing.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 & 89 Accord

---'88 Honda Accord w/100hp shot NOS----13.3@105mph
    www.kmodifiedracing.com

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 & 89 Accord
    I'm running a 100 shot on a stock bottom end. It all comes down to proper tuning, if you don't have engine management you should definetly try to jet it a little rich and pull out timing 75shot-2degrees, 100shot-4degrees. I recommend a four fogger wet system, this way there aren't any distribution problems. Mine is a custom NOS sytstem I built myself. Take a look at the attached pics. A high flow pump is also a good idea. The two things that kill a n20 motor is lack of fuel or too much timing. Heat is also no good, try to keep the under hood, and coolant temps down. You should use a spark plug that is a least one heat range colder. I use NGK-BCPR7ES, two heat ranges colder than stock. If you look at that plug you will see that the ground strap is much shorter. A shorter ground strap absorbs less heat. To much heat can lead to detonation. An adjustable fuel press reg. is also a good idea, w/o an engine management system raising the fuel press. is the only way to add fuel.
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27175

www.kmodifiedracing.com

Vehicle
    Yea it will be best to run fogger system and you can get them, but I'm not sure if they fit the 3G, I will check.

Vehicle
    68rs camaro, 89 formula 350
    14.9 is possible, I ran a 14.94 on a 65 dry shot on a very hot day, that is with street tires and I think 2.3 60 fts, Im now running the 75 dry, have been for a while.. I did just have trouble with the rings, but the motor has over 200k on it. So Im not disapointed. I already have another motor and Im going to start on it this weekend.. Love the N20!:smokin:

Vehicle
    14.9 is pretty good, hopefully I will hit low 14's if my clutch holds.

LX User
    Vehicle
    ya-the clutch is one of the most abused by N2O
    Cold Air intake, Apexi N1 turbomuffler w/2.25 piping, H22 injectors,gutted cat, Dc sport header, accel coil, MSD ignition, Dropzone coilovers

Vehicle
    Well I have a ACT clutch/preasure plate but it is rated at 200lb/tq and with the 100shot on top of what I have allready got I will easy be at the point. If I have to get an upgraded clutch I will but I will get my money out of this one first.

LX User
    Vehicle
    cool-That shoould be fine than-Let me know what it runs.

Vehicle
    Well it won't be for a while. I need to get my tranny going and I will need to get another one and then there is X-mas shopping, and my n2o will cost me about $1,000 for everything.

LX User
    Vehicle
    I ordered the bigger jets for the 75 shot today!! They should be in by tuesday afternoon!! Im guna try and run at the track next wed. I want to see it run mid 14s-I know set up it can do it-but that clutch is guna take a shit!!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 & 89 Accord
    You're luck as hell, you live in FL you get race all year long. The tracks up here are mostly closed for the winter. When your clutch goes let me know I have a great set up, that will hold that 75 shot. It,s held over a 100 shot in my white car. ACT/Clutcnet combo($370). six puck sprung w/HD pressure plate. If you buy one of our conversion pressure plates($380) you can use anything that will fit a B-Series. That means you could step up to an Xtreme pressure plate for more holding power.

www.kmodifiedracing.com

Vehicle
    I have the ACT heavy duty preasure plat but the stock clutch. I will have to get the upgraded clutch to run a 100shot.

LX User
    Vehicle
    ya-the act kicks ass

Vehicle
    Yea I love mine.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I only have a centerforce and I run a 75 wet all day long with no proplems.I have the MSD-SCI,8.5mm manecore wires,msd coil,ngk plugs,cai and no cat and vibrant mufller.I have a header just not on yet.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    what is it rated at. Mine is 200 lbs/tq I will nedd something that will hold a 100 shot.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I do not know what it's rated at.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.