Thread: Brake lights won't turn off, help!!

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i coupe, Auto

Brake lights won't turn off, help!!

My brake lights won't go off. Not the emergency brake light on the dash, but the actual brake lights on the back of the car. My headlights aren't on, matter of a fact, my car is off, so i don't know y they won't go off. Plus, my car wouldn't start today, as if it had a dead battery, but after a few tries it would start. I don't know if these problems are connected, but i sure as hell need to fix both of them right now. Help!!!
    "Turn off the television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a book is acting white." - Barack Obama

Vehicle
    2010 Ford Taurus SEL, 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
    well brake lights that are on all the time will run down the battery. Its probably your brake switch under the dash or you are missing the plastic plug that goes on the brake pedal that works the switch. Look and see if the plugs there, its #7 in the picture, if its not just stick a dime over the hole in the pedal and tape it or some other ghetto fix til you can get a plug

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i coupe, Auto
    thanks, yeah it was the plastic plug. Just before u posted, i was out there looking under the dash and there was what looked like the end of a crayon on the floor. i didn't think anything about it and just brushed it out of my car. But when i saw ur post i found the piece and sure enough, it fits where the plug was. So now i'm about to find a dime or something to tape in there and i'm gonna run to autozone or somewhere and see if i can find a replacement piece. Thanks man, ur a lifesaver.
    "Turn off the television sets and eradicate the slander that says a black youth with a book is acting white." - Barack Obama

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    ah, this happened to my car a few years ago. we put a bolt in the hole. i think its still there!
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap