Thread: SE-i

Vehicle
    2007 Honda Civic Si RR FG2

SE-i

Hey, I'm new here of course, I am posting in the newbie intro after all, I just picked up an 89 SE-i, 1200 bucks, it has a leather interior, not sure how common that is for these cars, but I know I'd never seen one in a 3g before, this if my first Honda, or first Foreign car for that matter, so I'm glad I found this place, I can work on my cars but don't know anything at all about these, they don't look too hard to work on, but you never know...anyways, I'll stop rambling, just wanted to ask while I was here, is 1200 hundred a good deal? It's in pretty good shape body wise, although the leather is starting to crack, and that leads me to my next question, how hard is it to find replacement seats and things like that? Thanks!

Vehicle
    2002 Dodge Dakota, 1969 Chevy Nova
    Welcome to the club... $1,200 seems like a good deal to me, especially for a SE-i, I can't answer your second question. But do a search and I'm sure you'll find the answer.
    I may only get 13-18 MPG, but try and follow me in the mud and you'll get stuck.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    it is very hard to find Leather seats for our cars, but it is very easy to take them to the reupholstering store.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    There's always junkyards but the seats there are usually badly weathered unless they just got the car in.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    Welcome to the site! Lots of useful info here. Lots of useless jackasses here also so be careful and dont take everything everybody says personally. Its just what they do.

And like always, search before you ask. Body kits, turbos, springs, wheels and a bunch of other stuff has been discussed a million times so SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Hello, I am one of the local jackasses.

Just joking. Welcome to the site man.
    Last edited by k-roy; 11-22-2003 at 09:01 PM.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue
    whats up man welcome. you can find alot of very interesting suff here in this site that can make your car look better

Vehicle
    87 LX
    ...and more importantly, run better.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    I'd rather make it run better, I'm more into performance, besides the 3g looks good on it's own, and what's with the don't **** with me I will **** you shit? And yes everybody, I know what a search button is. Thanks!
    Military style fears God not a stranger.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX
    Originally posted by new_disease
    I'd rather make it run better, I'm more into performance, besides the 3g looks good on it's own, and what's with the don't **** with me I will **** you shit? And yes everybody, I know what a search button is. Thanks!
    O don't listen to him he is one of the jackasses around here fliping you crap. Don't take anything anyone says personally because most of the time they are just joking around. Anyways welcome and enjoy the stay.

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    Welcome to the board. Lucky find an SEi. Rear disc brakes are a real plus. Wish I had one... I got an LXi. Keep in mind when you sell the car, take out the cupholder and armrest and sell them separately and you are almost guaranteed to get around 200 bucks for them. People go nuts over them because they are so damn rare.
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    Hey don't tell him that, ur driving the prices of shit way up

Vehicle
    Man, my armrest and and cupholder are worth that much?!?!?! Holy shit! I thought they all had those, I have a CD player too, how about that? I'm not sure if it belongs in the car, but it does say Honda on it.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Damn you new_disease.
    I need a place to put my slurpees
    ------------------

Vehicle
    Yup, I can have two slurpees at once! And have somewhere to rest my arm when it gets tired of shifting or raising a slurpee to my mouth, or switching out Cds!

Vehicle
    87 LX
    CD players are nothing special. Hell my poor ass car even has one. Armrests are overrated. Thats just a way to delay shifting.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    Originally posted by kroy
    Armrests are overrated. Thats just a way to delay shifting.
    Not on the highway...

Vehicle
    1991 toyota corrola dx-coming soon: 86 Accord Sedan
    welcome from another WI guy.
    pardon me for being the voice of reason

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    Hehe sorry guys, I probably should have told him the armrest is worth like 20 bucks and he should sell it to me. That way I can have one extra. But hell yeah the armrest and cupholders are like gold around here. You better take care of that SEi...
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    Don't worry man, I baby all my cars, I don't have any of the SE-i or have any means to take them, but I'll probably put some up of my 91 GT just because.

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    Welcome!

If you can get some pictures of your car up that would be great. Se-i is a great find man. You found an awesome car that will last you forever if you keep her up, and it sounds like you plan on doing that. The majority of 3rd gen Accords last well into 300,000 miles and there are some that will last longer. How many miles does it have, auto/stick, color? I’m guessing it's a coupe correct?

Again, welcome to the site. The only reason people stress the Search feature is because we get a lot of repetitive posts and we are trying to eliminate that. If you can't find what you are looking for in the search, don't hesitate posting in the proper section.
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

Vehicle
    I understand the whole search search search theory, this isn't the first forum I've been too, so it's alright, it has 173k miles, it's a 5 spd. and it's this light blue/green color, don't really know what to call it! Oh yeah, and it's a coupe, good guess. She's running much better today, I put in new wires, plugs, and all that other fun stuff, thanks for the welcome!