Thread: Fuel delivery prob ?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord S

Fuel delivery prob ?

Here's what happened

I'm driving normal and i begin to feel like my car isn't reponding a lot when i give some gaz. So I pull out to check what's going on and the engine is running at like 200 rpm and I have to hit the gaz all the way to make it rev. It finally dies. To restart it I have to push the gaz pedal to the floor, I decide to keep going to a friends house where I can park safely and phone for help.

I arrive there, the engine dies before I can park, nobody is at the house, try to restart, engine cranks but doesnt run, pop the hood, check for some basic things(all wires, vacuums good I think), try to restart again.......everything is fine !

The car now runs great....like nothing happened

I'm thinkin fuel filter but what else could it be ? Carb, Sparkplugs, Fuel pump, Vacuum ???

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    sometihng similar happened to me ...... it was the fuel filter .....im not sure about yours but my 87 lx carb had 2 filters ...one in the engine compartment and one near the fuel tank..... it happened to me another time and it ended up being my carb..... there is a float inside it that was sticking causing the motor to flood.... it would run like shit ....untill one day it just wouldnt start.....i pulled the plugs out and gas just poured out of the cylinders .... i just re built the carb and changed the plugs that time and it fixed everything ..... ... for starts i would change the filters.... good luck
    Jay

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    FUEL PUMP. They will do that when they go out. The throttle response is crap the engine will want to die and the idle sucks. So the question is either pay $200 for a mechanic or just $100 for the pump and do it yourself. It would also be a good idea to get new filters too.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord S
    Allright thanks I'll change the 2 filters first and see what happens next

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LX
    My car did the same thing, well it ran great, then one time the car just started to idle funny and then it went away, then one time it died, I had to crank it a lot and give it a lot of gas to get it to start, then it never did it again, now it wont start at all after acting like it ran out of gas a couple weeks ago, I replaced the fuel filters (both), plugs, wires, coil, and still nothing. I can smell gas and I even tried starter fluid and nothing, and I get spark also.