Thread: A20 or B20

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LX

Unhappy A20 or B20

I think the timing belt went out on my 89 accord lx, how do you tell if you have a A20 or B20 motor because I have been told the A20 is non interference? thanks

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    you have an A20... B20's were only in Japan

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LX
    So then that means that my engine is non interference? and if so do you know about how much it is to replace a timing belt?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    It will take a long time if you tried to do it yourself... a shop should have the right tools... but it still envolves a lot of belt removal and lining up of the crank and cam gear so labor will be the bulk of the cost.

Hopefully it's only your T-belt that needs replacing. A shop might suggest replacing other things while they are under the hood... but try not to say yes untill you are sure you need the work. Though replacing all the belts and once will save on labor.
    - llia