Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1g or 2g accords

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

1g or 2g accords

Ok guys, I went to McDonalds for lunch just now, and when I went to get in my car to leave, what's parked right beside me? ...yup, a 2G Accord. It was a navy blue 4dr LX. At first glance I was like, wow, that looks pretty clean.

I get closer, and I'm looking around at it. HOLY SHIT! This bastard is REAL clean. She's only got 47K on her. The paint was PERFECT, the interior was PERFECT. The whole car was dead original, from paint, to floor mats, right down to the hubcaps which were in as good as shape now as they were the day the car rolled off the showroom floor. Not even the slightest bit of rust bubbles anywhere, no paint fade, no sundamage, nothing. This thing was by far the cleanest 2G I've EVER seen.

This thing must have lived it's life in a garage without windows, only to be taken out on very rare occasions.

Sorry guys, no pics, but I had to share.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    well these are kind of people whod don't use the car as daily driver !

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    But Mike, the sad part is that I think it really IS that persons "daily driver" and has been since its inception at the manufacturing line. Judging by the license plate (here in CT, the plate numbers are three numbers.three letters [123.ABC], but up until about 15-20 yrs. ago it was two numbers, 3 letters [12.ABC],) this was the original owner. There was a guy in Mickey D's that looked like he was in his 90's. Wanna guess if that was his? It looked like the typical case of the 2G "grocery runner".

I think I'm happy to see it that way b/c it's been taken care of, and is a truly great example of a 2G. But in a way I'm also sad to think of what's going to happen to it after it's owner ...well.... ya know... I just fear that a punk kid is going to get his hands on it and destroy it in a week.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    Like that ebay 3gee with 21k.

Vehicle
    87 Accord LX
    I saw the same discription like you mark, perfect, perfect, prefect. When I was in Colorado for a little bit, there was a showroom clean 2gen Accord. Even with the snow. I really like how those hoods open, wish are Accord's hood open the same way as the 2gen did.
    Rooz
    That's my other "car" on the avatar, my Dash-8

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    daily driver and 47 K ! you gotta be kidding !
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    Damn i wish i was their to see it!! i have a 2gen but its no way in that damn good condition, anyways the only thing i disslike on the 2gee would have to be the headlights

Vehicle
    93 Integra LS-S
    Originally posted by ACCORD EX
    daily driver and 47 K ! you gotta be kidding !
    I don't think it's a daily driver. More like a monthly driver, only drive a couple miles once a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roy
    Street racing is for idiots.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe
    1G sighting in my mom's driveway... It's mine!! 105K, one owner. PERFECT, from Texas...

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    OO nice 1g hatch, kinda looks like the old 83 hatch my dad had awile back

Vehicle
    94 Ex accord 5spd (coupe)
    i saw a first gen on the way home today.....funny lookin beast, but it was in really poor condition

Vehicle
    Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan
    I saw a 1st gen hatchy (1977 according to the ID plate) in the junkyard today. It was in pretty sad shape, which was probably why it was there in the first place

That's awsome to see a 2nd gen in such great shape with low mileage!
    -Jared

Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 436,600 miles and still going strong!
    Black/Red '04 Honda CBR 600 F4i -256,100 miles and also counting quick

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    a little old lady in my neighborhood has an 85 SEI in excellent shape... its GOTTA have less than 120k miles... the body and interior are perfect
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LxI
    i thought they only started making se-i in 89 and up

Vehicle
    Originally posted by Tref_LXI
    i thought they only started making se-i in 89 and up
    Nope.... 85 was actually the very first Accord SE-i, but it wasn't nearly as sexy as our SE-i If my memory serves me right, I believe the 85 SE-i was the first fuel injected Honda (?) Or was it just the first fuel injected Accord (?) I can't remember
    -Jared

Vehicle
    yes i think you are right because of all the Accords the 85 se-i was Fuel Injected. but back then LX was top of the line and it had a carb engine !!

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
    Nope.... 85 was actually the very first Accord SE-i, but it wasn't nearly as sexy as our SE-i If my memory serves me right, I believe the 85 SE-i was the first fuel injected Honda (?) Or was it just the first fuel injected Accord (?) I can't remember
    Actually, they had them in 81. Leather, rims, special exterior colors, POWER windows, POWER antenna and some other stuff, too. Honda used to do SE's at the end of every generation (81, 85, 89...) Then, they went to more often-- like every other year. 91, 93, 97, etc. That is SE 101!!

Vehicle
    Man I never knew there was a special edition in '81! Of all the accord history things I've read, I never noticed that before, but after looking again I see it now. I wish I could find a picture of one....
    -Jared

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    they have a special edition at the end of each generation. For example they had an 93 accord SE, 97 SE, 02 SE, 85 SEi and 89 SEi... maybe a few others. The only special edition accord that does not follow that is a 91 SE... exceedingly rare but it does exist.. trust me
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
    they have a special edition at the end of each generation. For example they had an 93 accord SE, 97 SE, 02 SE, 85 SEi and 89 SEi... maybe a few others. The only special edition accord that does not follow that is a 91 SE... exceedingly rare but it does exist.. trust me
    Fa sho. I worked at a Honda dealer in 91 and dealt with a lot of SE's. They ONLY came in 4 doors and they ONLY came in the AT. The 93 SE's do look hella crunk, esp. that gold color...

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
    Man I never knew there was a special edition in '81! Of all the accord history things I've read, I never noticed that before, but after looking again I see it now. I wish I could find a picture of one....
    Yup, only the 4 door models though. I've seen a few (keep in mind, they only sold like 15K Accords in 81, compared with about 350K from the late 80's on...). I mean they looked hella tight for 81's. Dark gray was the color. Power window controls similar to ours, HORRIBLE leather, 5 spoke "sport" rims. I thought about getting a set of tose rims for my 81 HB; they look like little stars with an "H" in the middle.

I think the reason Honda did the 91 SE was EVERBODY wanted an Acura type Accord... Leather, better sound system, V6 (they didn't get that though). The Legends were viewed as really nice Accords, but overpriced and people were just getting comfortable with the Honda name being mainstream and American. Acura was too scary then... I mean all kinds of customers wanted leather from the factory as an option (doesn't exist for anything but the SE's). I dunno, that's just my experience with the 4G Accord!! SE 102...

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi Coupe, 07 Civic Si Coupe, 08 Civic hybrid

1g or 2g accords

anyone around here own a 1g or 2g accord?

Vehicle
    o owned a 2nd gen accord

Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    My aunt owns a 2nd gen if that counts.

That's got to be the cleanest living DX I've ever seen.
    -Strugglebucket
    Wow, that's absolutely amazing-that car does not look like it's 20 years old!
    -
    redaztec
    DAYUM!
    -
    2ndGenGuy
    ...it looks like it came out straight from japan.
    -
    MessyHonda

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    I saw one does that count? I took a pic of it with my camera phone b/c I never saw one before. I think it was a 1G.