Thread: to remove a stripped bolt?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i 5 speed

Question to remove a stripped bolt?

hey, im the one that has been asking questions about alternators... now i finally have gotten to trying to take it out and the freakin bolt on it is stripped (not by me even....) and its rusted in there and very hard to access.. how the hell do i get that off?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    Which bolt is it? the one underneath or on top?

I had the same problem with the one underneath, so i sawed it off and put a new bolt and nut on. Problem solved.

One word.......Sawsall. It works great, just be careful and take your time. Another way is to drill the bolt out (if accessible).

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 accord lxi 2 door coupe
    yeah, you can use an easy-out kit from auto zone or wherever, or sawzaw or what ever the spelling is, they kick ass.
    worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere

Vehicle
    '83 Accord and yeah, I know it's a 2G okay?
    . . . I had a similar problem last week . . . I bought the coolest tool from the auto parts store - it was a special socket that had little cams inside that would grip the stripped nut or bolt head . . . the tighter you'd turn, the tighter it would grip . . . this tool - for a 10mm head, was $10.80 but it wouldn't fit inside the engine head I was removing, so I had to take it back . . . Snap-On tools makes one too . . . I eventually had to pay a welder to come to my house & weld on a bolt, then a nut, then the bolt came out . . . but even then, not without a considerable struggle . . .

. . . good luck!

Vehicle
    87 LX
    I baught this at Sears for $20. They have spiraled edges on the inside and they cut into the bolt. They come 5 to a set and it is well worth the investment.

I am refering to the things in the center. The orange tool is a snake with a magnet on the end.

------------------

Vehicle
    89 LX-i 5 speed
    raw i will keep this in mind guys, thanks alot, hopefully i can just get it off (ill try a little harder )
    Check out pictures of my car HERE
    "drop a 150 shot of NOS sticker on that bad boy and you can run 8s" -portugalfocus