Thread: *idea,idea*

Vehicle
    88' Accord LXi, '93 Cherokee, '76 Trans Am

Lightbulb *idea,idea*

could you get the JDM b20 and swap a VTEC head and corresponding turbo manifold onto it considering the fact that a lot of B series parts are interchangable... anybody... yes, no , maybe?get f*@king lost and come up with something plausible??
    let me know, i can get the shit at a discount and i have 2 88 LXi sedans that don't run one's engine is pulled, waiting for a much bigger powerplant and one with a blown head gasket, and 215,556 miles, not something i wanna fight with, considering the timing belt hasn't been changed in over 100,000 miles

here's a turbo manifold link...
    http://www.ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1324

maybe something i would do, considering i'm pretty sure that the DC header is more expensive than some of these turbo manifolds and my friend has an EVO that he upgraded the turbo, so i might be able to do this, if I can get the B20... hey wait didn't the CRV have a b20 and if so how close is it I will do some research and let you know what i come up with just let me know if a VTEC head would fit etc....
    quote:
    "Hit the clutch, hit the gear, hit the gas and i'm gone."
    50 Cent

Vehicle
    sorry to keep asking possibly stupid questions, but the search function is down.. so any way i was doing a little looking around, and found out that the old school B20s aren't the only ones out there, and that a b16 or b18 head will fit there, and called my friend and he said the turbo's free of charge, i found a CRV motor in my dad's inventory list for his junk yard, then i will look for a VTEC head, but i dunno how this is gonna fit, i do know i will need another b series tranny, so... a little help with how this might fit, etc... can someone get me some engine bay measurements i'll get the measurements on the b20... this may be a pretty cool idea, if i cant find the JDM b20, and the VTEC head wont fit...
    quote:
    50 Cent

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    Hopefully the search engine will come back soon, because all the info you need is out there. Some quick answers: The B16,18,20(b,z) will fit with a custom engine mount kit from PlaceRacing. You need custom axles, modified shift linkage, wiring and some way to adapt the hydraulic clutch release. Putting Vtec on a B20B,Z is a well know conversion. Do a Google search for that info.

Putting Vtec on our B20A is hard, but not impossible. It's probably not worth the effort. If you are going to that kind of effort, you might as well go LS/Vtec or CRVtec. As for Turbo B20A, manifolds for B20A5 Prelude motors should work.

Good luck,

Gregg

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 coupe/ 06 TL 6spd
    also, if you don't wanna convert to hydrolic clutch, you will need a b16 cable tranny, that should and or will bolt onto a b20 with few modifications...
    slapping a b16/b18 head onto a b20 is very doable, but it's reliability is uncertain.you will constantly need to be changing the head gasket and seals and some other minor mainatinences..
    but anything is possible..

I am actually also debating on those two options..

either b20b and slapping on a b16a or b18 head and turbo
    or just going b18c1 turbo
    R.I.P Spoon Se-i 01/17/04

Vehicle
    i really like the torque of a 2.0 and i've owned a 93 civic with a b18c1 and the low end sucked so i got into this horrible habit of keeping high revs, and that will blow a 2.0s head gasket fo sho so i think i'm gonna go with a b20b with a b18c5 head and turbo, after i get the b20 sleeved an put in a block guard... i think since with that ultra long stroke i'll go a little further and get forged pistons and connecting rods, along with a fully built b18c5 head and turbo, that should be pretty good, and give me the time to build an indestructible B20a to throw in once i get a 3g coupe...:pimp:
    quote:
    50 Cent