Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( Elijah )

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI
    How much did the turbo cost??? Did you install it yourself, and how much horsepower does it give you?? I;m curious because I'm seriously thinking about getting one. Oh,by the way the car looks awesome,especially the engine bay.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Well a turbo setup can get really expensive.After all said and done I spent atleast $5000 Canadian.I'm not even close to being done with the motor though.And HP all depends on how many pounds I run.I would contact your local performance shop and see if they can make you a manifold and charge pipe and down pipe.Just tell tell them you want boost.Start with a basic setup and work your way up.

Vehicle
    1993 Accord SE coupe
    looking good man, making want to commit some crimes to get the money to turbo my hatch, hehe...with all the natural weight reduction (rust) it would be great
    Never explain--your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway.
    Elbert Hubbard.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    well it my not be the cleanest car I have see, but who gives a shit when it's fast.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    well it my not be the cleanest car I have see, but who gives a shit when it's fast.
    I know it looks like ass at the moment.It was parked for almost a year and about a month ago it got stripped.I had made a thread about it.They got the n20 the seats well that list goes on and on.Wait about a month mabey less
    It will have a new coat a dress.And mabey the inside will be all done.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I thought there would be more interest.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    I thought there would be more interest.
    Can't really see a turbo in there? A few pics of the manifold with the turbo hanging off of it should spike some interest.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    hey elijah are u using the motor that sean built for you yet? it looks like his manifold~ heheh

let me know when u get it on the road, and to the track. i ditched my turbo accord dreams for a sr20det s13.... but i still am interested...

if it runs 13.00 or better i may have to reconsider! lol

Vehicle
    93 civic
    i'm just curious but the gray one is turbo and got the racing seats. What does the blue one with the dohc sticker have. I sure hope it has what it says it has.

good work, can't wait to see what kind of numbers this setup makes.

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted_Blue
    i'm just curious but the gray one is turbo and got the racing seats. What does the blue one with the dohc sticker have. I sure hope it has what it says it has.

good work, can't wait to see what kind of numbers this setup makes.
    The blue car is a Neon.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    If you look under the blue car you will see the rollers.That is te dyno.My car comes off the hoist and on to the dyno.And for the motor from sean it did not happen.I dont know what he did or if he even built it.Yes the mani is from Sean but what a pain in the ass nothing fit right.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    ok, i was going to say something. yeah, i'm interested in it. dont wanna sound like i'm puttin the car down, but you gotta do away with that light blue in the engine compartment. darker blue would be good, less of a rice blue. i dunno, but its definately a sleeper right now, nobody would be expecting that as of what you can see to do anything less than 16 seconds. lol. so you spend around $5000 on the whole turbo set up? i'm guessing you did more than just a simple kit. would it be possible to list things you did to prices? that would be cool and give us some ideas.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Call it rice if you want.I know everybody has there own opinion.But it was supposed to be a darker blue like my BOV blue but it didnt work ut that way.Mabey in the winter when I put the new motor in.I will repaint all the stuff.I still have alot of stuff to do.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Yes the mani is from Sean but what a pain in the ass nothing fit right.

Can you elaborate on this? Why didnt it fit good?

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    The charge pipe was way off had to be shortend and twisted when we cut it.The mani was shortend about a inch at the least.I dont know if it because I have a t3/t4 turbo
    and the mani was desighned for a t3.But when the turbo is on the mani it would hit the radiator thus not fitting.And the manifold was a little crooked so would not bolt onto the head the flat part that bolts on the head was not flat.It flexed from when I assume he welded it.So ya it was not a bolt on and go at all.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Real nice, Elijah. I know you've realy put a lot into this car, and have been very patient doing it too. Good job. Have you cranked it yet? What else do you have left as far as getting it running? What engine management did you end up using? Yeah, you'll have to put together a parts list for us when you get some time. I haven't even got my engine rebuilt yet, as I'm still waiting on my wrist pins from Diamond, but I hope they will be here soon (this week?). Then, watch out!
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I only have a vortech FMU right now.That is all I will be useing this summer.As for parts list I will have one up for tomorrow.I have to think about everything.

Vehicle
    96 Civic (Turbo lsvtec) /87 accord lx/95 civic dx
    whats done to the internals ? i hope everything goes well with the project.... i know how much of a pain turbo's can be ....goodluck man
    Jay

About the seat rails; does Sparco make ones that will fit the 3G? Or maybe 4G-ones can be used?

(My very own Sparco Sprints are just taking up space in the basement right now )

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Ya they do.Just look on there site.

Vehicle
    86 ACCORD LXi HB
    lol.. i thought seans shit was suppost to be the best??? u should of taken pics of it.. before u modified the shit to work....

anyway.. i sold my third gen as of friday.. the 2nd.... someone else is gonna boost it..
    long story short.. im having beau from homemadeturbo.com build the manifold.. since his shit doesnt flex.. and will fit right.. teeehheehe lol.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I should have.But if you look on his site.And look at my pics you will see how much we changed the charge pipe.That is my charge pipe on his site.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    the one problem is that Sean using 86-87 intake manifold and you have 88-89 dual stage intake manifold. they are diff. so comnination of using diff turbo and diff intake manifold could cause parts not to fit right.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Kinda lost me there... what does the different intake manifold have to do with the exhaust manifold and downpipe not fitting?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    The charge pipe was way off had to be shortend and twisted when we cut it.The mani was shortend about a inch at the least.I dont know if it because I have a t3/t4 turbo
    and the mani was desighned for a t3.But when the turbo is on the mani it would hit the radiator thus not fitting.And the manifold was a little crooked so would not bolt onto the head the flat part that bolts on the head was not flat.It flexed from when I assume he welded it.So ya it was not a bolt on and go at all.

Well had you used the turbos i siad would fit thee would have been no need to modify anything. i told you up front the rad fans had to be removed and a 10 inch slimilne installed . if you did not do the things i had told you would be nessacary to install the kit then you created your own problem.s the manifold has a built in twist to it to make the o2 housing of the dodge turbo sit flat so the charge pipe would easily mate up. you created your own problems.

you motor has been built for a while ive sent you sevral PM's and being as you have no email account i cant contact you any other way.

If you dont like the turbo selection then dont buy thei kits. i told you numerous time where you could get a turbo that would fit. you didnt want to spend the money. you contacted me numerous time about turbos i tolod you wouldnt fit.

again all things from the begining i was very clear about.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM