Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( Elijah )

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    interesting agian. anyway, i'm just suggesting that another shade of blue would dress up the engine nicely. dont know if your going the way of looking like you spend some money, but anodized blue is a nice way to go. how about a darker blue like on the pic of the oil pump i posted. i've seen the spray paint on valve covers in this shade. looks really fine. this is similar to what color my fuel filter's fittings are. i'd consider doing my valve cover in anodized red once i get it blasted and cleaned up. my other choices were powder coating it or using high temp engine paint.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Well had you used the turbos i siad would fit thee would have been no need to modify anything. i told you up front the rad fans had to be removed and a 10 inch slimilne installed . if you did not do the things i had told you would be nessacary to install the kit then you created your own problem.s the manifold has a built in twist to it to make the o2 housing of the dodge turbo sit flat so the charge pipe would easily mate up. you created your own problems.

you motor has been built for a while ive sent you sevral PM's and being as you have no email account i cant contact you any other way.

If you dont like the turbo selection then dont buy thei kits. i told you numerous time where you could get a turbo that would fit. you didnt want to spend the money. you contacted me numerous time about turbos i tolod you wouldnt fit.

again all things from the begining i was very clear about.

Like I said the manifold could me my fault from useing a bigger turbo.The distance part anyway.But the curved ovel what ever you want to call it flange that bolts to the motor was like that.But the charge pipe would never have fit.When attacthed to the intake manifold it would run right into the front motor mount.So it would never hook up.Sean I have never receaved one pm from you in a long time..I have asked you to pm me your # or for you to call me.And I have a E-mail account.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaBoy
    interesting agian. anyway, i'm just suggesting that another shade of blue would dress up the engine nicely. dont know if your going the way of looking like you spend some money, but anodized blue is a nice way to go. how about a darker blue like on the pic of the oil pump i posted. i've seen the spray paint on valve covers in this shade. looks really fine. this is similar to what color my fuel filter's fittings are. i'd consider doing my valve cover in anodized red once i get it blasted and cleaned up. my other choices were powder coating it or using high temp engine paint.

That is the same color.I was going for look at my fmu on the fire wall.And look at my fuel pressure regulater and bov.They are all that color.I will just have to redo my vavle cover and charge pipe.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    wait, on accordcentral, dosent it tell you to replace the front mount? did you get the replacement mount? could have sworn i read that, and they make one for it. i'd like to throw some money into my 3gee here soon. if i get my dakota shelby to drive around, then i can park the 3gee and start building it up. sounds like turbo projects can be more stressful than one would think eh?

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Yes I got the new mount.It is not actual the mount though it is the part that conects to the mount on the top of it.It bolt's to the motor and the top of the stock mount.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Dont get me wrong.Sean know's his stuff or I would never have done bis with him.
    He is a verey busy guy.And like I said haveing to shorting the mani.Could be my fault because he did make it clear that it was besighned to hold a t3 turbo.And not my t3/t4
    Witch is of course a bigger turbo.I have never compared the 2 side by side or anything.But if the t3 is 1-1 1/2 inchs smaller then it would have fit.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    So do you have it running yet?
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    By the end of the day.I wont put it on the dyno just yet.I still have my ghetto cut springs.My new ones will be in by wensday so after I change them it will go on.I hope to get 200hp.For now till my motor gets done.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i *** 2002 Mustang GT
    hey man, nice job! but hom much boost are you running? i didnt see anywhere the lbs.
    "Seriously, I have a half o' pack of Rolaids in my dipper" -Stewie (Family Guy)

Car Pics
    vBGarage

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Only 8 for now.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    ive got a t3/t4 on my car and the manifold which is identical to yours fit with no trouble. if you were having instilation problems you should have called you have my number. im sure i could have saved you loads of work. yes with a t3/t4 the only modifcation that would need to be done is to the charge pipe and as long as you stuck with a dodge turbine housing(mentioned numerous times on the site and by me by phone ) and o2 housing the downpipe would have fit no problem as well. we now have a charge pipe for the t/3t4 if you tell us which compressor a/r you have. Elijah just call me next time. If something didnt fit right we could have helped you out. but being as all parts are fit tested on a jig car i dont see where you could have had trouble.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    you dont have any HP specs or track times yet do you? just curious.

Car Pics
    vBGarage

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    Yes I got the new mount.It is not actual the mount though it is the part that conects to the mount on the top of it.It bolt's to the motor and the top of the stock mount.

I see where you ran into trouble. the mount bracket we sent doenst fit on the stock mount. im 100% sure i mentioned this numerous times. there have been sevral people who have called me and ive explianed numoerus times that that backet works with a chevy transmission mount. had you called im sure this whole situation could have been resolved. next time send mail. and your motor is done.

We are currently working on installtion Mpegs and videos and we are revamping the site. until then if anyone has questions contact me directly. we dont need any moe confusion.

the manifold will fit a to4e 60 a/r compessor housing with room to spare.
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Houston, Texas (Home of the Quicksilver project)
    Man, that will be great. Keep us updated for sure.
    "Feed their greed with your need for speed"

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    The down pipe fit with no problem.It is a dodge houseing.This is the first I heard about a different mount ohwell.I'm just happy to have it all done.And Sean I lost ur # please pm me it.

Vehicle
    hey Sean, is my head and intake and TB done yet? lol

Car Pics
    vBGarage

LX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Honda Accord DX, 2 dr 5 spd, '87 Toyota Pickup, 22R 5 spd
    what turbo is it?? is it from Accord Central or K-modify?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by 86LXItooFAST4me
    hey Sean, is my head and intake and TB done yet? lol

Actually the seats were cut today the valves will be done tommoow then it goes to the flow bench. if all goes well friday it should ship out.

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project
    hey sean when you use the diamond pistons,can you use a stock honda ring or do the pistons come with new rings,if so do the rings need to be grinded down to fit?

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Actually the seats were cut today the valves will be done tommoow then it goes to the flow bench. if all goes well friday it should ship out.
    COOLNESS!! thankx man!

Car Pics
    vBGarage

Vehicle
    hey Elijah, does it throw you back into your seat pretty good? i'd love to have that feeling with my 3gee, long ways off though.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I have yet to drive it.The springs should be in tomorrow.We are praying we are supossed to have it at the track friday.The seat rails arent in yet either.Trust me we are trying.It's alot of work.If the springs are in tomorrow it will be on the dyno tommorow and at the track friday.I dont car if I have to go to the junk yard and get a stock seat for it.

LX User
    Vehicle
    '89 Honda Accord DX, 2 dr 5 spd, '87 Toyota Pickup, 22R 5 spd
    cool i cant wait to see the power it has!!

edit: im post #69

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I have a boost controller.So I hope to see if I can run 12ponds at the track.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    let hope you don't blow your engine. i don't see how you will retard the timing with boost increasing. i can see the DETONATION in the future. i want to see how long it will be before you blew your motor.
    Alex.