Thread: New Carpet

damnthesenames

New Carpet

I was browsing around e-Bay and found: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2449139035 has anyone delt with this company? Do they have good products, will it replace the old carpet well? Mine is very worn and stained after 240k Miles...

_ Justin

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    The premolded carpet will do a decent job but it will look a bit loose IMO after it's installed. There's a carpet out on the market that is self molding to the flooring. This eliminates the need for cutting and sewing to make the carpet fit. This will cost you anywhere from $75-100 plus you need headliner glue to hold it down with, just as you would with the premolded insert.
    IMO I think the self molding carpet looks better if installed correctly, than the pre-molded inserts. But I would have to say if this is your first attempt, then go with the premolded. It is a lot easier for a first time install.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-I 2D
    if you are worried about the company go with JC Witney if you can afford it at about $200 for pre molded
    Learning to tune the radio was easy.. ..now on to the rest of the car....
    *Soon to come
    -Custom cold air kit -dye and paint threw out the inside -new speakers all around
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoaccord
    An Si is more than a Civic
    Check out my ride at
    cardomain.com/memberpage/467671

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    Originally posted by Mystic1
    if you are worried about the company go with JC Witney if you can afford it at about $200 for pre molded

Shouldn't pay over $150 for it, otherwise you're getting ripped. I get great quality pre-molded carpet for $120. That's surprising, JCW is usually fairly reasonable.
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-I 2D
    where do you get it, this happens to be one of the things on my list of things to get?
    Learning to tune the radio was easy.. ..now on to the rest of the car....
    *Soon to come
    -Custom cold air kit -dye and paint threw out the inside -new speakers all around
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoaccord
    An Si is more than a Civic
    Check out my ride at
    cardomain.com/memberpage/467671

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i, 1975 Chevrolet Malibu Classic
    I have bought carpet for my malibu through Newark Auto (something Newark if not Auto) and it was the worst fitting carpet ever. They lied and instead of it being molded, it was cut and sewed to fit. The seams are ripping already and I only drive the car one day a week at most. You can get any carpet to look good as long as you have enough aerosol adhesive spray, padding, and patience. Even though my carpet sucked, I got it to look perfect with lots of padding to fill out the bubbles. I would suggest just going with a 2 piece pressure molded carpet. I have never heard bad stories about this style of carpet. Also, I would have to see the do-it-yourself molded carpet to believe it, if you arent a carpet pro, just go with the cheapest reputable brand premolded you can find.

EDIT: After clicking the ebay link I wanted to respond to say that brand selling that carpet is generally the most trusted brand in carpet for car restorations. So I would bet they would be a great supplier for a 3g's carpet also. For me, that company would be my first pick.
    Last edited by danronian; 12-20-2003 at 10:25 PM.
    75 Malibu for sale, fully restored, $5,500 obo
    https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=43055
    Currently driving a 95 LS soon to be turbo integra.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    87 Accord DX Hatchback 5 Speed
    here's a little story about my hatchbacks new carpet adventure.
    http://87accord.com/carpet.html

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    Dan, if you want to know about moldable carpet go to a reputable upholsery supplier, not cloth world, an upholstery supplier. I'm not sure if you're suggesting that it may not exist but considering I've done at least 10 car interiors using the product, I'd say it exists. Like I said earlier, if this is his first project, then go for the pre-molded carpet. I was just giving him some pricing alternatives. I'd say if you've succesfully done a headliner then you could probably use the moldable carpet. That sucks you got scamed like that on your carpet. Didn't you check underneath to look for stitching which I guess you wouldn't if they were an honest enough company that would not lie about the products they sell. The carpet they cut and stitched was probably a needle punched variety or another substandard quality carpet not suitable for sewing. Because I've never heard of cut & stitched carpet ripping at the seems like that w/ that little of use.