0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Project , Gm Ecm Kit / Turbo Kit

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon

Exclamation Project , Gm Ecm Kit / Turbo Kit

ok to give an update. after sevrals hours of examing the cpu and other chips involved in the ecm a determination has been made that the base programming language is hex. (much thanx to sabz5150 for his help !!! ). The next step is to decode the hex code and make it manageable to represent. This may take some time to unravel. The end goal is to find a away to make tunning our ecms simpler allowing us to have Turbo's large cams and ported heads without fear of leanning out or underfeuling the car. Currently i await the Binary image from the factory prom from non other than Carotman. any one who is already involved in the project stays on. newcomers will be selected based on exprience and knowledge as well as work effort. the end result will be tunning software given to those who work on the project.

those not involoved will be able to purchase chips for $75 for standard bolt on mods. and custom proms will cost $150 from me or anyone else involved.

in short this will be a somewhat longterm project but the rewards will be handsome espacailly when we will be able to tune civic and other ecm's as well.

sincelry Funstick.

RELATED LINKS:
    - TURBO FAQ
    - GM ECM GROUP BUY

UPDATE: 10/27/2004
    - GM ECM PINOUT

Last edited by A20A1; 10-27-2004 at 05:29 PM.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    feel free to voice yr opinions would you rather buy software for tunning ??

I have a hex program but I have no clue as how to use it. I can send it to u if u want, see if you or Sabz can figure out these numbers?
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User
    Vehicle
    '87 Accord LX

wow, a great undertaking

I really have a lot of respect for you guys. You really care for this car deep down. I'm amazed by your knowledge and your experimentation funstick. Just wanted to give you a little feedback. I'm really excited about this too, it could revolutionize performance for our cars. Thanks for taking on this project.

Accord of the Year - 2006

I'd be willing to pay 150 for a custom ecu. What kind of time table are you loking at?

I know in the other post someone said like a year. Of course if I did get one it would be straight to the dyno to see how well it works.

Vehicle
    1989 corolla all-trac wagon
    i'd like to offer my help, but i don't know much hex code. i do have a pretty good foundation of visual basic, so maybe after you guys crack it and want to design software, i could help. just pm me here or email me at [email protected] if there's anything you think i can help with.
    3geez member since January 28, 2001

SEi User
    Vehicle
    i think sabz and i are gonna really be the most involved. he lives close enough that on the weekends we can get togehteher ad test this thing out. its not really tought to crack the code as it is to figure out how the code works. mainly the first step will be to unlock where the feul spark and volumetric effceincy tables are as well as the feul pressure constants. then from there we should be able to narrow things down a bit. one of the long term goals is to enable a cummunacation pin on the proccesor so we can actaully look at what the ecm is cummputing and how. this will enable us with the creative work to devise scaning sofatware further enabling us to not only diagnose but tune the ecm even tighter.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    Sounds like a plan.....great idea guys! I would definetly buy a custom ECU if I was guaranteed that it would work properly, a money back guarantee would be nice also Is it a matter of just hooking up a computer to the ECU to program/interpret it? If so how are you going to do that? Definetly a very interesting concept. I think finding someone that has a good knowledge of hex code would cut this project to a much shorter time, they wouldn't even need to know about cars.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    2000 Audi S4 Twin Turbo/ 2007 Honda Fit Sport/ 2010 Ford Flex Limited
    I think it is a good idea and would be benificial to a lot of members on this board..... As for me, I am going an entirely different route.. But for people with minor bolt-ons, I think it is a good idea, but for turbo aplications, I feel this is not the way to go. Honda MAP sensors are not designed to see boost, and there is no way of solving this problem except to run an entirely different system.. Even the Zydne modifued honda ECU's, you have to buy a totally seperate MAP sensor or go to a MAF set-up...

SO for turbocharching, I would go a different route, but for everything else, sounds like a good plan... Keep up the good work....:super:

1-11-2014 Dyno Day
    587 - AWHP
    454.6 -TQ
    http://youtu.be/TqCtTbjQqFg

www.tvme.info

DX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX
    I'd pay that much... I'd even be willing to help on the hex code....

SEi User
    Vehicle
    recalibrating for a gm map sensor will be pretty easy. thats actaully the least of my troubles. in the project i would like to expand th feul and spark table so we can run the bigger injectors and higher feul pressure but keep the driveability stock. i would like to add at least 2 more rows to each table for boost.

as for the prom tunning thanx for offering up the help. i got a real hex engineer with serious programming experience involved. My granpfather wrote the code for many a tomohawk missle and sevral other systems working for martin marieta so i think were covered on hex. i will need help writing a scanner program compatiable with windows (you c++ or visual basic guy are gonna really help out !! ) . lets take this one step at a time. first we must decode and decifer the whole eprom image. then we go form there. !! thanx for the support. !!!

as for other things involved in the ecu hacks weve got some smaller hardware issues.

1. the ecu does not have a socketed prom a socket needs to be added. i will look at doing this for a modest sum. there is a great deal of time invovled to do it without damaging the ecu. i spent 1.5 hours desoldering mine and i can report my ecm worked flawlessly including the original eprom. (thank god for patience)
    i was thinking $25 to resocket the board and add a zif socket allowing easy chip changes when you get a chip !

2 changing the map sensor for you guys hungry for boost.
    this should enabel us to run upto 8psi of boost on stock engines now without serious concern for durability.

3 man this is cool we can finnaly really take advantage of bigger camshafts !!! ported head !!! bigger throttle bodys !! ooh i wish i had started this along time ago !!

thanx for the support.

Vehicle
    A moneypit!
    Funstick and crew
    The GSX was killed, I need something new...

SEi User
    Vehicle
    may take another week or to to get a prom image. gotta get a new programmer. carot did you get a prom image yet ?

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    How much would you charge for tuning software with presets for different fuel tables and stuff? This would help make the shit more efficient when you're not using the high-perf settings. Not to mention the fact that it would be pretty damn cool to be able to load up more aggressive fuel settings before racing someone, then switch back to econocar mode after gunsmoking them
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

SEi User
    Vehicle
    your talking about a multimode eprom. im not anywhere near that stage of development nor am i anywhere near something thats gonna be flashable on the board. this is something that may never happen. however i can send you yr stock chip and the new one when you send in a ecm to get resocketed and a tunned chip. and you can swap them out yrself.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 LX-i hatch
    you ARE tha man!!! when can i get one?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    sometime (hopefully) in the next 3-4 months depensing on how long it takes to unmask all the code in the eprom.

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S
    just letting everyone know I made this an "important" post because this looks like it's going to be a long developing process and it could be 3-5 days or longer between replies. But this is a very good and important project that should stay in the "lime light" at the top of this forum.. :super:
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    What about a hard switch? Would this work, assuming there were some way to have both chips in at the same time?
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    One other thing.. the A20A ECU can be used with the B20A although it's not programmed well for it.. would the performance chip for the A20A also work on the B20A? Not that I think I'm ever going to actually get this goddamn swap done, but just in case...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

SEi User
    Vehicle
    this could work provided the ecu isn;t particulary sensitive to cross talk or noise. give it some time first we need to be able to hack the code beofre we can do anyting to it.

Vehicle
    1998 VT Commodore 50th Anniversary Edition
    Originally posted by 88turboaccord
    I think it is a good idea and would be benificial to a lot of members on this board..... As for me, I am going an entirely different route.. But for people with minor bolt-ons, I think it is a good idea, but for turbo aplications, I feel this is not the way to go. Honda MAP sensors are not designed to see boost, and there is no way of solving this problem except to run an entirely different system.. Even the Zydne modifued honda ECU's, you have to buy a totally seperate MAP sensor or go to a MAF set-up...

SO for turbocharching, I would go a different route, but for everything else, sounds like a good plan... Keep up the good work....:super:
    Sorry I dont think ive ever seen you answer this justin, how did u manage to still run your car at high boost on the stock ecu? how did you bypass all the sensors and before? before you upgraded to the Haltech.
    Cocaine's A Helluva Drug! - Rick James
    I really fracked things up for you Bill - Colonel Tigh
    Girl we couldn't get much Higher! - Light My Fire

SEi User
    Vehicle
    i believe he was piggy backing the system and using a msd bosst timing retard. im also very sure he was using a check vavle to block the vacum signal during boost to the map sensor.

Vehicle
    2000 Audi S4 Twin Turbo/ 2007 Honda Fit Sport/ 2010 Ford Flex Limited
    I was usiing check valves, an MSD BTM, a Vortech 12:1 FMU, and an inline 125psi fuel pump. That is how I got around it.. It worked, but it is not tunable like the Haltech is going to be.

1-11-2014 Dyno Day
    587 - AWHP
    454.6 -TQ
    http://youtu.be/TqCtTbjQqFg

www.tvme.info

SEi User
    Vehicle
    i couldnt rememeber which piggy back you were using