Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PICS: BODYKIT 88% complete (slow computers beware)

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis
    One more question... how much did the rear bumper cost you? the side skirts? the front bumper? actually, come to think of it... that was 3 questions, not 1.
    not too much, about $450 plus $160 shipping from IMPORTFAN.com. their kits are high quality GTP brand. just look up 90-93 accord and 90-93 integra front. just be wise and choose the one easy to cut and fabricate. cus no doubt you're gonna have to with a 3gee. it's not a direct fit. there's also Ebay if you wanna go cheaper, but those kits are thinner and lower quality. you might want to refiberglass them to make them as strong as the genuine kits. like they say, you get what you pay for.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by 89 Accords Rock
    congrats and keep up the tuning. I love lines of the car. Very nice. You should almost do a two toned paint job, maybe a claifornia gold with a candapple red opaque. Would look very nice!
    something like this?

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Nah man, keep it one colour. I like the orange, I think that colour is amazing, like on that civic.

And you didnt answer one of my questions, im just wondering what you have planned for car audio?

Thanks man, and merry christmas to you as well.

Vehicle
    98 Av6 3oh
    noooooo evo wing. car looks so nice. dont put that wing on there. get the black widow II wing. i am assembling the BWII body kit for my av6. go look at the wing.

-Travis-

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    This Del Sol is crazy. Last time I saw it had regular opening doors?
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i
    Nah man, keep it one colour. I like the orange, I think that colour is amazing, like on that civic.

And you didnt answer one of my questions, im just wondering what you have planned for car audio?

Thanks man, and merry christmas to you as well.
    for now i have:

-Alpine CDA 7863 240 watt CD receiver (4 channels x 60 watts) MOSFET FINAL
    -4 Alpine 6 1/2" Speakers front and back
    -two 12" 1200watt JBL subs with box (for now)
    -2 Cuspid audio 1200 watt amps, one per sub (these are eBay shit, they don't push hard at all; just enough bass but nothing earth-shaking)
    -optima yellow top battery ($140)

future plans/shopping list are:

-full fiberglass and painted interior
    -upgrade amps to 2 phoenix gold amps 600watts x 4channels (2400 watts each total)
    -move optima battery to trunk
    -2 capacitors; high wattage alternator (maybe from wrecked ambulance or police car)
    -no backseat; replaced with custom painted fiberglass enclosures for two 12" cerwin vega loudspeakers and two 18" JL audio W3 subs. a couple of LCD screens as well
    -shaved rear door handles during widebody intallation with door poppers
    -LCD screens in cupholder area, inside trunk, and each front door panel (custom fiberglass enclosures)
    -PS2, tv receiver, 12 disc cd changer
    -upgrade my alarm to clifford G5 pager alarm
    -upgrade speakers to MB Quart components in custom fiberglass door and rear window decklid enclosures
    -new racing reupholstered seats (black middle and matching car's color outer)

.....and the list goes on.....

most important upgrade of all is my job!!! lol. hopefully once i get the exterior done i can advertise and get sales for freelance window tinting and car alarm and audio installations. my own little business to get me some extra cash so i can do the interior stuff. maybe sponsorship at car shows would help too.
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 12-25-2003 at 10:05 AM.

Vehicle
    Sounds awesome man... just one suggestion, dont get MB quarts. MB is now owned by rockford, whos quality is going straight downhill.

Vehicle
    what do you suggest for components? BOSE? Infinity Kappa?

Vehicle
    Infiniti makes good speakers, but if you want some really good speakers, spend a bit extra and get some Focals. Come to think of it, they really arent that much more than some MB quarts.

Vehicle
    I've had POLK audio before in my previous cars. they look simple but they sound really good. what is you opinion on those? are components really that much of a difference than 3-way speakers?

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue
    looks good. keep us updated with more pics.

Vehicle
    i'll take more pics once i reprimer the whole car. right now it's in 3 shades of primer grey. i heard about this new urethane epoxy primer. i might use that instead of this enamel primer i've been using. only things is though that urethane primer doesnt come in a spray can and it's yellow...hehe. but we'll see.

Vehicle
    I've had POLK audio before in my previous cars. they look simple but they sound really good. what is you opinion on those? are components really that much of a difference than 3-way speakers?
    I have only heard POLK audio once before, and it was in a POLK demo car at a car show. It sounded pretty good to me, but I haven't really heard too much about them, and I dont even think there are any shops that sell it locally in my area. And I dont think you will hear that much of a difference between 3-ways and componants if you get really good componants.

Vehicle
    '71 Datsun 521, '89 S13 Coupe, '90 S13 FB
    The engine looks soooo much nicer when you have the option of moving the battery out of the engine bay. The cool thing about the Optimas (we carry them at Schwab's by the way ) is that you can hang them at any angle, or in any postion, and it won't effect the batteries performance or safety. I plan on relocating the batterie in the new car to a different location too, though I don't know where. We just relocated a battery in an Impala to the trunk, be prepared to do A LOT of planning for this, but it is worth it in the end!!!

Vehicle
    all it takes is a long heavy-guage red amp cable, new brass gold plated connectors, a battery hold-down bracket, and short heavy-guage black amp wire to connect to the body metal.

Vehicle
    I have only heard POLK audio once before, and it was in a POLK demo car at a car show. It sounded pretty good to me, but I haven't really heard too much about them, and I dont even think there are any shops that sell it locally in my area. And I dont think you will hear that much of a difference between 3-ways and componants if you get really good componants.
    if you have a Circuit City store in your area. they carry it as their leading speakers in sound quality. i think the components separate the high, mid, and low frequencies more effeciently thus making them sound better compared to a 3 way working all 3 frequencies at once? i dunno, i've been using 3 ways.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Alpine or Infinity. I have an Alpine headunit and infinity speaks and they flat out kick ass.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    Nope, there is no circuit city around here.. But there have been sound quality contests every year worldwide, and Focal has come out on top for almost the past 3 years I beleive... they also make 3-ways. I am just reccomending them, because I know how amazingly good they sound, and how good quality they are, but I cant say I have heard any bad things about POLK so if you think they sound good then go for it.

Vehicle
    thanks for the audio advice hash man! anyways, i don't need to worry about that right now. it's still gonna be awhile before i get to that. right now i need to get working on the widebody. but the weather temp to me is not good to be working outside on a car. im in FL and i know it's not that cold in the day, maybe like 53. but still cold enough to make it uncomfortable to work in. i had the flu and i dont intend on going through that again. lol. i wish i had a heated garage. so right now i've been lazy and doing nothing to the car besides giving it a quick wash. winter is pretty depressing. *sigh* i can't wait for spring to roll in. then i would work on my car daily non-stop till the exterior is all done and ready for paint. well, at least i got the "normal" bodykit in place. just need the widebody, hood, and wing now to transform this car into something else. no offence to those hardcore 3geers but, i intend to make this car not look like a 3gee anymore. uniqueness is what's it all about and that's what gets points at car shows. plus, not too many 3gees in shows out there. how many do you see with widebody and projector headlights? (yeah sorry, im killing the flip ups too for custom made projector housings) hehe.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin86
    Alpine or Infinity. I have an Alpine headunit and infinity speaks and they flat out kick ass.
    yeah i have an Alpine headunit and it kicks ass. it really gets those high mid and low frequencies really good. the highs are so ear-piercing, my puppy can't even stay in the car for too long cruising with me. starts howling and stuff. lol. what i need now is some bass. i have JBL 1200 watt 12" subs and they dont seem to be pushing as i expected them to be. i got these small amps (9"x10"size) that says 1200 watts but i hardly doubt it. damn eBay shits. i knew something this small wouldnt be pushing 1200 watts. cus in the amp world, bigger is better. but they were cheap and got them for $40 a piece. for all you audio experts out there, how is 2x80W RMS power pushing 1200 watts (4x300W) max? or maybe these amps are speaker amps and made a mistake of using them for sub amps?

Vehicle
    go to www.audison.com for amps. My audison is something like 7" x 10" and man can I tell you size doesnt mean anything. My amp is rated at 420W RMS @ 4ohms, and it doesnt even have a peak rating, but I can tell you, my sub is 2000W peak, and this amp is definately pushing at least 1000W peak.

But I also have a friend right now trying to sell a clarion 1000watt digital amp, and clarion makes really good amps as well.

And If I can, I will get some pictures of a local 87 prelude with custom projectors. I posted the picture on here some time ago, and I think it looks awesome. He got rid of the pop ups, and it looks sweeet. I think it will suit your car very well.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Z-24
    boston acoustics is all i have to say. there's a stereo shop in town that only sells the high end stuff, but has displays of all of the competitors that they don't sell...to compare with the stuff that they do. nothing comes close.

oh and the urethane primer you were talking about is what i have on my car right now. i wish i could say i had more than just primer tho. that's what i get for dealing with friends.

brendan

Vehicle
    go to www.audison.com for amps. My audison is something like 7" x 10" and man can I tell you size doesnt mean anything. My amp is rated at 420W RMS @ 4ohms, and it doesnt even have a peak rating, but I can tell you, my sub is 2000W peak, and this amp is definately pushing at least 1000W peak.

But I also have a friend right now trying to sell a clarion 1000watt digital amp, and clarion makes really good amps as well.

And If I can, I will get some pictures of a local 87 prelude with custom projectors. I posted the picture on here some time ago, and I think it looks awesome. He got rid of the pop ups, and it looks sweeet. I think it will suit your car very well.
    that's sweet man hook me up with those pics. also, does "RMS" really mean alot when choosing an amp? what does it stand for?

Vehicle
    I dont exactly know what RMS stans for, but yes it means a lot, it is the number which you really want to look at when choosing an amp. For example, take a look at the Xplod amps, they say that the amp is 800watts, but that is its peak rating at 1 ohm, but they really only run about 200watts RMS @ 4ohms, and that is Xplod power, which is nothing lol.

Then compare something like my Audison, and an Alpine MRD-M500.
    The M500 is 500W peak, but only 250W peak @ 4 ohms. And my amp is 420W rms @ 4 ohms, and probably near 1000W or more @4ohms, and they are both around the same price.
    The only advantage of the Alpine is the fact that it is digital, and therefore it becomes easier on the charging system of the car. But then again, the alpine has a 1 year warranty, and the audison is a 3yr from the factory, which is in good old Italy.

I am trying to find those pictures of that prelude right now, but I'm not having much luck, so to tide you over, here are some pics of that guys civic. It is supercharged, with all custom body work.

Vehicle
    wow, external guages. sweet idea. lol.