Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PICS: BODYKIT 88% complete (slow computers beware)

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    shit I have seen those on old muscle cars but not on any imports.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    2006 Nissan 350z
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i
    I dont exactly know what RMS stans for,
    Root Mean Squared, which is the constant minimum amount of energy flowing at all times.

It does mean a lot when purchasing speakers/subs.
    natsugusa ya
    tsuwamono domo ga
    yume no ato

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    wow, external guages. sweet idea. lol.
    lol, I know, i thought it was pretty damn cool when I saw it. I also like the fact that the car has 3 racing buckets.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    I am gonna be dead honest with you dude.

Awsome Front bumper fabrication. It looks much better that the one in ur avatar.

Rear bumper looks like ass. Please, it just looks like ass, you should have gotten the kaminari or Xenon for the rear bumper and side skirts.

THe hood, i dont know about that. Its too flat on our hood not curvy or slopy as the Evo or the F50s.

ANyway, Kudos for your ideas and hardwork.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    looks like he just molded an A-pillar guage to the hood though. looks clean but i don't like guages in my car. i see cars with so many guages for everything. i mean, who has time to read guages when they are concentrating (and should be) on their driving? especially when you're racing. that's probably why he mounted that on the hood so he can still keep an eye on the road. anyway, i think extra guages are useless for everyday driving on a relatively stock car with simple bolt ons.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by zero.counter
    Root Mean Squared, which is the constant minimum amount of energy flowing at all times.

It does mean a lot when purchasing speakers/subs.

thanks man. im learning something new everyday.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    I think the whole car around will look beautiful.......way to be.

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    I am gonna be dead honest with you dude.

Awsome Front bumper fabrication. It looks much better than the one in ur avatar.
    huh? im not sure i get what you are saying here. the one on my avatar is the same front bumper.

Rear bumper looks like ass. Please, it just looks like ass, you should have gotten the kaminari or Xenon for the rear bumper and side skirts.
    i still don't get what you are saying here either. i dont see anything wrong with the rear. if you like xenon or kaminari, go for it. they look 80's old school to me and plain. im not trying to play "keep up with the jones's" and try to look like everyone else who has a xenon/kaminari kit. being different is what gets noticed.

THe hood, i dont know about that. Its too flat on our hood not curvy or slopy as the Evo or the F50s.
    if you are referring to the pic, you should have known better that that pic is not the hood i am planning to put on. that is just an example. I AM NOT putting that hood on. i am making the stock hood like that out of fiberglass fabrication. come on man, think before you bash.

ANyway, Kudos for your ideas and hardwork.

thanks but i wasn't trying to please anyone or give any ideas. to each his own. and it's not hardwork if it's your hobby and you enjoy what you are doing:cool2:
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 12-29-2003 at 07:45 AM.

Vehicle
    1987 accord lx 1985 300zx
    I really like what your doing. I can't wait to see it when its done.

Vehicle
    looks like he just molded an A-pillar guage to the hood though. looks clean but i don't like guages in my car. i see cars with so many guages for everything. i mean, who has time to read guages when they are concentrating (and should be) on their driving? especially when you're racing. that's probably why he mounted that on the hood so he can still keep an eye on the road. anyway, i think extra guages are useless for everyday driving on a relatively stock car with simple bolt ons.
    Oh i totally agree with you, but if he actually drove that car, those would be somewhat usefull because he does have the Jackson supercharger under the hood of that civic, along with some other stuff.

And I dont know why smufguy is goin off like that, I mean its not his car, to each his own. I may not like everything you are doing to your car Iceman but I think the amount, and quality of work you are putting in to this car is incredible, and it will look great when you are done with it.,

Vehicle
    95 Chev C1500 Truck / 90 Cavalier Coupe (sold)/ 88 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    Great job on the 3rd GEN!

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i
    Oh i totally agree with you, but if he actually drove that car, those would be somewhat usefull because he does have the Jackson supercharger under the hood of that civic, along with some other stuff.

And I dont know why smufguy is goin off like that, I mean its not his car, to each his own. I may not like everything you are doing to your car Iceman but I think the amount, and quality of work you are putting in to this car is incredible, and it will look great when you are done with it.,
    i highly doubt he races that car anyways being that it's so clean. plus that suspension is too low. if it's on bags, then it wouldn't be for racing. having bags adds alot of weight to the car with the air compressor and all. but yeah, would be nice to have a 96-99 civic si motor since they make a jackson racing supercharger for it. or better yet, the 97-99 prelude h22A with the jackson racing supercharger.

Vehicle
    ya man, there is a guy here where I live that is trying to sell his supercharged lude. They are such nice cars.

And ya, he doesnt race that civic at all, its pretty much a trailer queen, it only has like 30,000kms and its a 99 or 00.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Well i was not bashing him or talking shit about his work. I was basically saying what it looks like. I know its the same bumper, thats why i said it looks a lot better on the pic u posted than the one on ur avatar.

The thing about the rear bumper was that because it sticks out too much. It was constructive criticism and not a high school bully talk.

Besides, as Hash mentioned, yeah i dont give a crap about your car or anyone elses cause it aint mine. but its the criticism you cant take cause some people here take things too personally. I just dont understand.

We have seen a lot of people do a lot of mods on their cars, Some of them looks like they been shot with loads of cocaine, and some of them look ingenious. I was just appreciating your originality and your hardwork but at the same time expressing some criticism as one of the people who look at your car. Thats the reason we post pictures of the car right? so people can look and see what we did?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, cause it was not my intetion or neither it is. I was merely stating the fact that i believed what it was.

Vehicle
    first of all it sticks out the same as the stock bumper if you observed the BEFORE and AFTER pics. all it is, is that it's lower hence give the car a lowered look. second, i don't think "looks like ass" is something called contructive criticism. and 3rd, no im not offended. i drive this car everyday and i know how it drives and looks. your comments dont mean anything and im not fishing for any compliments either. im just putting my pic up to show people that putting a bodykit on this car is not next to impossible cus it seems to be an undying topic that never really gets answered. pics are worth 1000 words right? there's a few questions answered right there then. like your momma always said "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". peace.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Looks cool to me.... Actually, your car and there's a blue accord on here with a 4gen kit and they look good on the cars......

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    uhhhhh
    Looked better before, waste of $$$ IMO.

Vehicle
    I DON'T THINK SO! . If you are going to customize, go all the way...that's what i say.
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 01-01-2004 at 11:51 PM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Hatch

Re: PICS: BODYKIT 88% complete (slow computers beware)

What fenders did you use to convert to widebody? They look like EVO type fenders...are the chopped up OEM's or 'glass? I was considering going wide...need more traction for the B16.
    Ray Fong
    Owner/Engineer
    Racetek Engineering
    http://www.racetekengineering.com
    1986 Accord LX-i Hatch
    B16a3 motorswap, BAR approved

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

If im not mistaken he did it all with fiberglass himself.

Vehicle

wow this is such an old thread from 4 yrs ago! but yeah, i fabricated the bodykit myself out of fiberglass back when i had alot of time to do all this stuff. last i left the car, it looks like how it is on my sig. i haven't really worked on it since. plenty of changes in life and other projects to take care of. 2 part time jobs and school full time at UTI. eventually though i will come back and finish the car. i still drive it from time to time. it's never really gonna end, it's an ongoing project for me. until it's as fast as how good it looks. someway somehow, i always find a way to change my car and my other project cars....lol.
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 10-17-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Vehicle

Vehicle
    1988 Hatch LXI

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707 View Post
    Its been a long time man! Curious to see what other cars you got

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Whyfore you no have pics???
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW