Thread: motorcycle batteries in accord

DX User

motorcycle batteries in accord

i had red that Some people have successfully installed motorcycle batteries into their Hondas. people does it for the crx, we shoul too!
    check out this link http://crx.honda-perf.org/articles/battrep/battrep.html
    What amp motorcycle batteries should the accord use?
    If i use it i have more room for the intake and less pounds= more speed.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    Just my opinion (don't get mad) .......sounds like a very stupid assinine thing in my opinion.....Do you think that a lighter battery is going to give you alot of HP? Our car's weigh about 2,700 lb.s, what is the differance in 2,698.9 lb.s? Unless your stripping that 3g to nothing, I wouldn't trade the batteries.... A smaller battery could catch on fire even with a fuse. Our car's have a battery that stock size for a good reason. Our car's need that stock size battery.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX
    waste of money

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik
    And money=time.

DX User
    I real didn't care about going faster by lb. i real was thinking about the intake space. also it is easyer to relogate. read this page http://crx.honda-perf.org/articles/battrep/battrep.html

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    i doubt if that battery is gonna hold up on cranking at hard times because it just does not have enough CCA. if it is below required CCA, which clearly it is., then it sucks. Besides, i can remember how many times this battery issue was discussed in the performance section. Man...... all i can say is i pity it. Move the battery to the side if u wanna do a CAI or spend 50 bux and get the battery relocator kit from Summit and do that right. Not get marine or motor cycle battery.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-I 2D
    Something else to think about, placing the battery in the trunk will help your weight distribution a little more. I have plans to do this myself eventually. I plan on placing some kind of junction box on the firewall and routing all new power wires. This will also give me a better area to power up my fog and driving lights and other goodies I have planned.
    Learning to tune the radio was easy.. ..now on to the rest of the car....
    *Soon to come
    -Custom cold air kit -dye and paint threw out the inside -new speakers all around
    Quote Originally Posted by diegoaccord
    An Si is more than a Civic
    Check out my ride at
    cardomain.com/memberpage/467671

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    Moving the battery to the trunk changes the car's front-rear weight distribution 1% for every 22 lbs of battery moved for the sedan (probably more like 20 lb for the lighter hatches and coupes). I noticed a little less understeer when I moved my battery (~40 lbs I'm guessing) to the trunk. If passenger space isn't a concern the best place would be behind the passenger seat on the floor. You lower your cg, improve your weight distrution, and reduce your polar moment of inertia by putting the battery there. I would not use a motorcycle battery.
    Mike

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    thats why the newer grand prix have their batteris under the rear passenger seat. Funny uh huh? smack dab in the middle.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda CRX Si
    I would think a battery designed to crank a light 600-1000cc engine is not designed to hold up to pushing our big 2000cc engines. If you want a lightweight battery they are available. Optima, Spoon, and Braille Auto are three I've heard of that sell them and they offer better performance than the stock unit and are designed for cars.