Thread: Doesn't someone have a 79 cvcc w/ an A20?

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power

Doesn't someone have a 79 cvcc w/ an A20?

I was thinking of swapping my A20 into a 1979 Civic cvcc. I thought someone on the board had already done this let me know. How difficult is this and how does the little bugger perform? Thanks Darkside
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    The person was not on the board.But ya someone had done it.There was a thread on it here.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

I have posted it before a few times. I thought I was the only one here with those thughts and aspirations for those old cars. Mine a 78 civic 1200. I have a built en1300 to go into it. I decided not to use that engine so its waiting on a friend to takeit off my hands. I am trying to find a person in the UK or europe willing to ship me the front clip to a city turbo. Thats what I really want. I have a few friends with civics with engines in there cars. The fastest of which was a b18c5. He wrecked it but we had alot of fun with it. The others have b16, d series are the easiest. I have wnated to swap in an a20a just so could upgrade to the b20a. There was one on Ebay about a year ago that sold for 2 grand. One sold about 6 months ago with a 383 stroker. It was shitty. Check out civic1200.com, http://216.234.188.71/newsite/www.1s...om/index2.html tons of info about the early civics. I visit them as much as I visit here. If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    Thanks, I'm just doing the preliminary research now. I'll check out those sites.Darkside
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX Sedan (auto), 1988 Toyota Camry Wagon (auto), ...
    A friend of mine is currently in the process of getting an engine for his 1st gen Civic (b16 possibly), and doing the preliminaries. I should probably see how far he is on it, and maybe get some pictures too
    The last time I spoke with him he was confused about whether or not to get newer axles, break components, and manual tranny.
    Beautiful cars, they are.

I've been thinking about getting my own 1st gen civic... where can I look? Any ideas?
    (price range 500 to 1000 dollars, preferably within WA state)

Emcees drag their feet across a big naked land/
    With an empty bag of seed and a fake shake of hands/
    Yeah I got some last words, f**k all of y'all/
    Stop writin' raps and go play volleyball/
    -Slug

Go to those websites. Tell your friend to look extensively at the civic1200.com site. There is a guy named Justin on the board. Hes a total car customizing machine. The b16 is getting to be a popular swap. I am still holding out for the JM City Turbo 2 swap. Direct bolt in and 120HP stock. My buddy with the b18c5 sure was happy. They can be great litle cars. I have about 2 in storage in parts waiting for a frame off of the old white "clown car". I love mine. Easy to work on, parts are getting a bit rough but never the less they are go anywhere do anything cars. I ahd mine up at 116th before they closed it. These cars take a beating. Mines proof

Vehicle
    A20A1 Weber Power
    My Engine just died so I have to order a new one on Monday but, That puts my cvcc on hold. I'm getting a JDM A20A1 and I'll swap over my intake manifold w/ carb and cam, distributor, header....ect. 1 day project hopefully. I'll see when the engine gets here. It will probably feel great with compression. Ha Ha
    DARKSIDE
    WEBER POWER!

if your in eugene oregon, sniper556 has a jdm a20a1 for sale. He put 10k on it before his car was hit. PM him and see how much he wants. I know its for sale though