Thread: My girlfriend's prelude

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s

Cool My girlfriend's prelude (updated)

This is what I have been working on for the last few months. My girl and I are planning on getting this car into Minitruckin' Magazine eventually. (yes, they feature cars)
    She has had the car for two years but we finally just dug into it and started working on it. You can't see it in the pics but she has air cylinders from the Hack Shack. She has shaved almost everything but she still has to shave the gas door, that vent in the back bumper, roof moldings, and she is going to unibody drop it before she gets it painted. Right now we are keeping it garaged and only driving it to shows. She hasn't decided on a color yet, she really wants a candy apple red but that will limit her if she wants to do more work to it later. She may just stick with a straight bright red.
    I just thought I would share. I am also going to include a pic of a 3rd gen we saw at the Magical Minis show we went to this weekend.
    Last edited by pearldrop; 07-04-2002 at 09:44 AM.

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    I wonder why it won't upload the pics?

Vehicle
    ???
    i dont know but it did it to me too
    I havent forgotten my roots

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Pontiac Sunfire Convertible, & 1979 Corvette
    Hey, I dont even see little red X's!! Me wants the pics.

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    hehe same it really sounds sweet! :pimp:
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001

Vehicle
    2006 Mazda 6 S
    if you're trying to upload it as an attachment you could be over the allowed file size.. try reducing the file size
    I'm just like any other member on this board.......

Vehicle
    Why won't it let me post attachments anymore?
    Oh well, Here are the pics I finally shrank. They are on geoshitties so I don't know how long they will stay posted.

:super:

Vehicle
    Here is a pic with the rear end lifted just so you can see the air cylinders in there.
    The pic has been photoshopped to get rid of the handles and stuff so we can see what it would look like after all the bodywork but the air is real.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Ex-i (sold), 1994 Honda Accord EX-R
    was it red before, or the other way around????? or is one of those colours a photochop?????
    MBowe#19
    Hondasport19 on Vancouveraccords.com

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    My guess is it was red.....she decided to paint it so they painted it primer purple until she decides what color of paint.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

LX User
    Vehicle
    86'Honda Accord Lx-i
    All i gotta say is diiiiizaaaaamn. You and your girl get mad props man. You actually did all the shaving and bagging that shit by yourselves? That's awesome. Do ya own a shop? If not, then you should definately open one up. What color you gonna paint it or is it red now? You should do somethin hella exotic.

Chris
    *1986 Honda Accord Lx-i* 5-spd.
    17" Konig Maxxum Cam 178's wrapped in 205/40/ZR17 Kumho Ecsta Supras, Eibach Sportlines, Tokico struts, 92-95 civic custom short ram air intake, Magnaflow streetseries exhaust, 20% tint all around, Red/Black taillights, painted calipers and drums, hyperwhite corner bulbs, blue interior lights, Racing pedals, Carbon fiber shift knob

LX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord sedan
    I'm speechless. It would look even sweeter if you had the Accord parked next to it

Ah well, still a bitchin' ride. Nice work...btw, how much was the air?

Vehicle
    The car is still primer purple right now. We plan on painting it sometime this winter to break out for next show season. I did put the airbags in and the kit itself was only $1100. I got an upgraded compressor and a chrome tank. A bunch of other things needed for the kit ended up making it closer to $1300.
    I can do my own bodywork and shaving but I won't on this car. This is going to be my attempt at building a magazine quality car and I won't accept anything less than perfect so for this car I am paying to have the body and paint done. So far we are at $2600 in just bodywork and shaving. We still have to shave the gas door and the roof moldings. We can't decide if we should mold the bumpers on or not. I have never seen anybody do it without eventually messing it up and causing cracks.
    The color is still up in the air. At first it was just supposed to be a bright red like off of the 2000 Monte Carlos. Then it was supposed to be a candy apple red but we don't like the idea of not being able to fix it or redo anything else. Everybody loves the color of the primer so as of right now it may be repainted a similar color that is off of the Isuzu Amigo with a little pearl added in for depth.
    I am leaving the color choice up to my girlfriend. It is her car after all.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Ex-i
    that's going to look sweet when its done

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
    so what are you driving now? oh yea, that car looks clean enough to eat off of w/o all the moldings and shiznit

Vehicle
    I drive this now.

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
    oh yea i remember seein pix of that car, damn its all mafia-pimp style'd