Thread: koni strut question

koni strut question

So i was swapping the struts on my accord today and noticed that when you push the KYB's all the way down they rebound to the top again all by itself. When you do this to the konis (which are very hard to push down anyway) they stay down and you have to pull like crazy to get it back out. is this normal or is something up? The konis are new and the KYB's have about 10k on them

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    Yeah i did the same thing and thought something was wrong. As far as it being hard to push try adjusting it so you can determine where you want to set them. I set my i think 2 turns off of full soft as Jim recommended for my particular springs. The Koni directions sucked as well thankfully we have Jim here cause i thought something was wrong as well nevermind i wouldnt have set them the way i did but it rides nice thats all i care about. Im going to be swapping my H&R's for Ground Controls sometime so i will have to change the adjustment. You should be happy with them i was.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    It's normal, Koni reds aren't gas shocks, no gas pressure to power them back up. Errr, please tell me you adjusted the rebound before you installed them (fingers crossed here). They come shipped adjusted to full soft.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

yes of course i did. i aske d you when i got them how firm and thats how firm they are adjusted. Youve helped alot as usual. thanks. so just out of curiousity, how tight is the nut on top of the strut supposed to be. I didnt totally understand the directions either so i guessed