Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Change

1988starter
    Quote Originally Posted by A20A3
    Thanks for the advice starter, I'll try that tomorrow when I change the valve. I also have to tighten my loose firewall engine brace...

Besides that, Mobil 1 tranny oil is expensive...but I must have it.

I only use lucas and mobil 1 in my engine and only lucas and honda MTF in the tranny

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    I use Castrol GTX High Mileage 10W-30 for the time being, I absolutely LOVE Mobil 1, best oil there is, but I don't justify putting $5 a quart oil in my car until it fix the leak.

As for the tranny, I have an auto, and after discovering the 50/50 mix of Mobil 1 and B&M Trick Shift like A20A1, it's all I use. Definetly better tranny response and acceleration on this mix too. I highly recommend it to people with auto transmissions.
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe

Update

Well, out into the frigid environment again I went. -4 degrees out with the wind chill. I removed my useless condensor from in front of the radiator.

I'll be removing the compresser(which is a Keihn anyway) and the evaporator and the dryer when it gets warmer out.

I still have to replace my PCV valve, tighten the firewall engine brace, and change my transmission oil. Probably should flush and fill the cooling system as well while I'm at it...
    -Harvey

1988starter
    sweet I replaced all my injector ) rinds and fuel rail studs in -2 a few days ago

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Change your tranny oil when it is warmed up to operating temperature.
    You might not have to replace the pcv valve, I clean mine out with carb cleaner every time I do an oil change. The way to check if it is good or not is put a paper towel over the end, then blow, and then blow on the other end. It should only flow air in one direction.
    Oh yea, the A/C compressor bracket is pretty heavy, but is kinda a bitch to get out.
    ------------------