Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Accord of the Month Suggestions

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    OK, it's changed so that the vehicle owner has to do the write-up, with the nominator as the backup. I hope nobody is alarmed with the apparent complexity of this system. In practice, the process will be much more fluid after a couple months, and it will have a much higher degree of fairness to it compared to what some other boards have.

*edit*
    I have also added a few mundane technicalities in the requirements. Also, more importantly, I changed the rules regarding the forum where everything is posted to reflect the addition of the Accord of the Month subforum in Accord Pics.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    even i was kinda confused about the whole deal until i went over it a couple times. It looks like it'll work out pretty well.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    Instead of the nominator doing the write up, why not get the owner to? Seems like nobody but the owner would know whats been done with the car and stuff. Once we get a list of 5 eligable accords, just notify each owner that they're up for the running for AOM and that they need to do a write up for their car in case it gets picked......if the owner is a no show, then the nominator can do the write up as a back up plan.
    Yea that sounds like the best plan, have the people vote and then lets the winner list his/her mods.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Ok Joe it looks like you have a good plan set out.
    I say we go with it as it stands currently, if we keep making small changes it will go on for a long time.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Ok Joe it looks like you have a good plan set out.
    I say we go with it as it stands currently, if we keep making small changes it will go on for a long time.

If we were to keep it as it stands now, would we be able to start in February?
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    This sounds really good. I haven't done any posting in this thread b/c I think I said everything I needed to say in the other thread.

Vehicle
    Great! it's in the Admin forum for approval. The only thing that I am mulling over is whether or not we should pick 4 new AOM Coordinators every 12 months.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    maybe just have coordinators until either they resign, are absent or are kicked out due to bad work.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    Damn...I didnt see this thread at all till now. Anyway, I agree with pretty much everything said, but my only suggestion was maybe a T-Shirt for the winner and a calender made at the end of the year with all 12 cars.

Good work guys!
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    87 LX
    A calander is a great idea. I have hookups and can get them printed en mass.
    We could the profits to help fund the site.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    '90 RX-7 GXL, '93 Mazda Rx-7
    http://contagiousgraphics.com/ you can get custom t-shirts+stickers yay
    Kroy: Im a pro at smoking a blunt, talking on my cell, getting head, and shifting all at once

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    the problem with those things is that it costs money and theres not a whole lot of it floating around here. I bet the admins might consider it if we could get stuff for free, but there's no way they're gonna spend money on something like that.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    So we have these AOM Coordinators to pick and control everything. I belive it should be a voted process let all the members that have more then 100post vote on who they think is best.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    A vote would just add one more process to this. We won't pick people who do not deserve it, or don't show an ability to handle the responsibility. Besides, these guys aren't mods, and their responsibilities are strictly administrative pertaining only to the AOM. Moderating the threads and member behavior is still up to the Mods and Admins. If a coordinator shows signs of incompetence or favoritism, then he's canned. I know the members don't stand for that, and we don't either. The proposed system has checks and balances where someone is always there to make sure everything is kosher.

Plus, we're still tossing around the idea of appointing a new round of people after 12 months. In that case, it doesn't make sense to appoint 4 people at once when just naming the first coordinator and probably the successor would be more realistic.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Well, I don't want to bother reading the 4 pages of this thread, so I will make it short and sweet...

The first Accord Of the Month should obviously be Oldschoolswap. Most done up accord on the site, as of now, and was one of the first (if not THE first) to have a B series engine swap. Mad props to him, and his pimpin car.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i
    Well, I don't want to bother reading the 4 pages of this thread, so I will make it short and sweet...

The first Accord Of the Month should obviously be Oldschoolswap. Most done up accord on the site, as of now, and was one of the first (if not THE first) to have a B series engine swap. Mad props to him, and his pimpin car.
    I believe he was the last accord of the month if I can remember correctly.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    '86 LX-i Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    maybe just have coordinators until either they resign, are absent or are kicked out due to bad work.

I agree. 12 months at the very minimum.
    Mad props to you if you can pull it off, you can change your name to slowassoldschoolswap :thumbdown

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    It all sounds good to me. I like the calendar idea. true, it would take money to start it, but the profits would go right back for next years calendar. i'd be interested in buying a calendar like this.
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

Vehicle
    Well I guess everything has been covered so lets get this going.