Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forged rods/ pistons

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX coupe, 1989 Accord LX coupe, 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier coupe, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

forged rods/ pistons

Can someone give me a link to a company that sells off the shelf forged rods and pistons for our engine. I finally got an estimate from Carillo rods for custom forged rods at $1508 for the set of 4 and Arias pistons wants $601 for 4 custom pistons.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    no one makes pistons for our engines. it will have to be custom made. talk to sean. he can get you forget pistons.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    diamond pistons and eagle h beam rods. dont know individual prices, but they are available now...also im not sure if its a preexisting part number that we are able to use, or if it is an altogether new piston/rod setup

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    The Eagle rods are an existing piece for the LS teg engines - just buy them and have the holes drilled out to 21mm for the wrist pins. The Diamons pistons do have a part number, but are only made on a buy basis, not stocked on a shelf - just takes a tad bit longer to get them, is all. Sean may also have some in stock.

http://www.accorcentral.com - Seans' new site. Hit it for contact info.
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    go on what bobafett is saying. As far as i know, they are actual parts for our cars but they have to be used with aftermarket rod or resized rods because the wrist pin is 21mm instead of 19mm (i think) and eagle rods are just fine to complement them.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX coupe, 1989 Accord LX coupe, 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier coupe, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Then would it be better just to have custom rods and pistons made? I have the funds to do it but would it be better?

Vehicle
    B20A SEi
    Check this thread for info:

https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=25182

LX User
    Vehicle
    So does the ESP-CRS5394A3DCA and the ESP-CRS5394A3D both fit our engines if the bore that goes around the wrist pin is enlarged to 21mm from 19mm?

SEi User
    Vehicle
    burgundy 86 honda accord/ brown 89 chevy caprice wagon
    chad check my site. check engine packages we have a bunch of stuff avaiable. i havent finisehd teh parts catalog but i deal directly with diamond for pistons IE i can drive over there and smack the machinist in the head if theres a problems. also weve developed a screaming good deal on a shortblock. check it out. !
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

LX User
    Vehicle
    I did. What exactly does heat/cryo treating do to the crankshaft and are you coating the journals with titanium nitride or something? Would that short block hold up under 400 hp.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    400hp, shit SEAN is pretty much making around 300 hp with the stock engine.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Sean what is the maxium boost pressure that can be achieved before the block or crankshaft fails.

Vehicle
    hes been up as high as 18 that i know of without any problems...

Vehicle
    try 35lb in johnny o s hatch

SEi User
    Vehicle
    that short block wouldnt even sneeze at 400hp to be honest. although if you plan to make over that i really would prefer to add a main girdle to the mian journals to help stabilize the bottom end. we have a protoype now and are gonna begin testing for the big hp motors here really soon. think 600hp +
    Want your A series to kick a B series engines ass?email me for detials or check out our site

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

LX User
    Vehicle
    Sean what exactly is a main girdle? Is that the same thing as a block stiffner or bedplate in some engines where its cast into the oil pan or where there is a steel plate on the bottom of the block and the head bolts run all the way through the block and the stiffner at the bottom.

LX User
    Vehicle
    So now all I need to worry about is when the gears in the transmission or the entire countershaft and mainshaft swarms.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadroper
    Sean what exactly is a main girdle? Is that the same thing as a block stiffner or bedplate in some engines where its cast into the oil pan or where there is a steel plate on the bottom of the block and the head bolts run all the way through the block and the stiffner at the bottom.
    yes a main girdle conectes the oil pan raisl to the main caps for the main bearings. so it is essenstially like adding a bed plate. our isnt like those found on domestic v8's were it only attachs each of the mian caps to each others. it attaches with sutds to the oil pan rail therby unifiying the block into a solid rigid peice. weve done some block deformation testing with a junk block and weve found it increases the rigidty of the block 150%. thats alot when your revving to over 8000rpm to make those big hp numbers.

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

LX User
    Vehicle
    Sean how undrivable is a 200hp N/A A20A3 engine

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    well it would be hard to reach 200 hp N/A and be streetable try more like 170hp and still you can't do it with bolt on's.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Sean how much turbocharger pressure would it take to make 300 lb-ft

SEi User
    Vehicle
    it unfortunatle ydepends on the head etc. there alot of facotrs invlolved. but with a stock head it takes around 18 psi of boost. but thats measuring at the wheels

WWW.ACCORDCENTRAL.COM

Vehicle
    lots of boost but damn thats power guys...

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 Accord DX hatchback
    sean u ship to canada? i was at ur website i like those packages.. i'm just looking at the head package for 1400... it says not recommended for street use... could i ignore that?
    its not how fast you go, its how fast you get going.

Vehicle
    the racing "big port big flow" head isnt recomended for street use because of the powerband u will end up with. drivability will be annoying because low rpms will be completly useless with a head designed to flow so much in the higher rpms. if your car is making enough power to make that modification necessary u wont want to be driving your race car on the street anyway...