Thread: Need Coil Overs !!!!

LX User

Question Need Coil Overs !!!!

Hey guys I got an 88 Honda Accord DX Hatchback. It's lowered and bouncing around like a pogo stick. I am haivng a hard time of finding companies that produce Coil Overs for my 3rd generation Honda. Can anyone tell me of some companies that I can order some Coil Overs from ? Also any tips and suggestions you can give would be appreciated. My main goal is to smooth the ride out and stiffen up the front end and rear end with sway bars. What do you guys think.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    According to Jim 90-93 coilovers will work.
    http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODACOI
    Last edited by k-roy; 02-02-2004 at 03:21 PM.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    87 LX

LX User

Thanks !!!

Ok, thanks I'll look it over. Thanks for that link I added it to my favorites so I can go look it over more thouroughly once I get some info and research done.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    According to Jim 90-93 coilovers will work.
    http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODACOI

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Coilovers probably won't help with your bouncing. Stiffer struts will cure this problem. I don't believe full-bodied coilovers are made for the 3g accord which means you only get the adjustable spring and not the strut that's matched to it (which means you supply your own strut). While it's probable and likely that your bouncing may be due to bad/chopped springs, a lot of the bouncing issue is remedied through struts, so even going to a coilover conversion will not necessarily increase your ride quality.

Alex

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    yea you need better struts, but if you want good coilover, get the cheapest ones you see on ebay for the 3G then buy some eibach linear springs for them, then get better struts.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

LX User
    Hey thanks for the advice. I'll start looking for some new struts. I know I can get OEM strust but I would sure like a source for some aftermarket struts. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86AccordLxi
    Coilovers probably won't help with your bouncing. Stiffer struts will cure this problem. I don't believe full-bodied coilovers are made for the 3g accord which means you only get the adjustable spring and not the strut that's matched to it (which means you supply your own strut). While it's probable and likely that your bouncing may be due to bad/chopped springs, a lot of the bouncing issue is remedied through struts, so even going to a coilover conversion will not necessarily increase your ride quality.

Alex